Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: First Time

  1. #1

    Default First Time

    For those of you who became IC later in their life, ie went from wearing underwear to wearing diapers, what was it like the first time you put on a diaper b/c you needed to have it and what were you feeling like when you first used it out of need? Basically, what was running through your mind the first time you diapered up and used it unintentionally?

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm not sure I have a right to answer this because it's not something I've seen a doctor about properly but I can tell you what things were like for me anyway.

    The day I 1st brought mine though it was in a bit of a panic. I had been slowly noticing that I was having trouble feeling fine while out and even just getting to the toilet at home. The night before though I had a bowel movement off guard and almost messed my bed with it so I went out and brought diapers the very next morning. Wearing something so bulky yet light did feel a bit strange at 1st but thought nothing of it.

    1st time using them came a day later however. It was at home and just felt like just a belly ache while sitting at my desk but then I just started going before I left my room and it was just complete shock. Guess just thoughts like I why's this happening and why me stuff like that. Was all a little distressing really.

    I guess most times it doesn't get to me as such in the same way, but I don't think I'd call it use to the feeling ether.

  3. #3

    Default

    ive always loved diapers.
    but slowly becoming incontinent is forcing me to wear my underjams 24/7
    it wasnt a drastic change over for me
    i just dont like not having control over my urination patterns

  4. #4

    Default

    With MS during a flair up you get tired and I do mean tired, sleeping like 18 hours a day. The Dr wanted to treat the flair up with a five day course of heavy steroids but since a bad reaction to the drug can be deadly they like to do the first few injections while you are in the hospital.

    I went in so tired I did not not know which end was up, I was having small leakage problems during this time but I had not started wearing anything for it yet. While in the hospital the bed had the standard heavy reusable pad but sometime during my first few hours the nurse had placed a disposable underneath me and just pulled it up between my legs but did not fasten the tapes. When I finally did come round for food or something the nurse wanted to check the pad and bed. I really did not notice the pad between my legs nor thought very much about it but it was pretty wet. While changing the pad it was then I first heard her use the word diaper saying she wanted to slip this diaper underneath me but we don't have to fasten the tapes. I remember thinking diaper? Did she say diaper? Well the rest of the day I was in and out of sleep with the same every few hour changes.

    It was after the nurse shift change and a different nurse came in that the routine changed. The new nurse Must have read on my chart that I needed a change every few hours and she came in with a wash cloth, basin, power and a new disposable announcing "let's change that diaper." well since the only other person in the room was a quite but demented alzhimeirs patient no one else heard it. I got the full cleanup and diaper change but this time pulling snug and taping up the diaper. This went on for a two days until I was discharged and sent home to finish the treatment there. My Mom and sister were there and on the discharge paperwork it said, incontinent and they provided me with an extra bag of diapers to take home.

    I had a nurse finish the treatments at home and she always insisted on checking for rashes so there was always at least one change she did. The rest of the time I either changed myself or yup my Mom helped me since most of the time I was sleeping. When I started to run low of the blue hospital diapers we called a local medical supply store and they brought a case of Tranquility and I remember both my mom and sister commenting on how much thicker and more comfortable these will be.

    Throughout that whole experience there was something the triggered in my brain that, hey I like wearing diapers... Eventually I started to get better any my daytime bladder came back but I still wet the bed at night. It was not until several years later that I meet another person who told me what both a DL and AB was but that is another story.

  5. #5

    Default

    My personal story is one of becoming incontinent over many months. It started with just a dribble then fully emptying my bladder with no warning or idea I was about to do it. After a number of accidents which only I knew about I screwed up all my courage and went to Boots and bought a pack of adult incontinent diapers. I was so embarrassed and felt that everyone in the shop knew. That night I couldn't even tell my wife and this took a number of weeks to tell her. She was really supportive and nice about it but putting on for the first time felt very humiliating.

    Now - I buy in bulk online, wear 24/7 and in some small way even enjoy wearing (from the point of view of feeling safe and secure).

    In a moment of madness I bought a pacifier in Sainsbury's on Friday. I know that this has nothing to do with incontinence but the real sense of peace and security I felt from wearing my diaper as normal but sucking on the pacifier was really good. Will I evolve in a DL / AB on the back of being incontinent? I don't know but it is an interesting and quite scary time in my life.

  6. #6
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    I was a DL before my accident. Having a legitimate use for them just removed most of the guilt associated with buying them. Technically, I could probably get by with one of those "guard" things, but since I'm a DL, well...

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    For those of you who became IC later in their life, ie went from wearing underwear to wearing diapers, what was it like the first time you put on a diaper b/c you needed to have it and what were you feeling like when you first used it out of need? Basically, what was running through your mind the first time you diapered up and used it unintentionally?
    I guess I should give a little bit of background before my answer. I wet the bed until I was about 4 yrs old and had accidents mostly when I was outside of the house until a little while after I started school. I have Cerebral Palsy so it was hard to "hold it" until I was older. I didn't really get in trouble, but I was made to know it was bad and I shouldn't do it.

    In 2004 after my spinal cord injury I had an indwelling catheter and followed a bowel program then eventually moved on to using catheters on a schedule to empty my bladder. I was on a floor with older people in both the hospital and rehab so for the eight months I was there it was drilled into me that catheters was the only "option" and that I had to be very strict with emptying my bladder and bowels on a schedule.

    If I ate something that didn't quite agree with my stomach anymore, drank too much, had bladder spasms or had any kind of accident for whatever reason I was made to feel like it was the worst thing in the world and like diapers were for babies or elderly people and not for a girl in her early 20's. The nurses weren't use to dealing with spinal cord injuries and didn't quite understand.

    So, the first time I bought any type of protection was when the only other choice I had was to wet myself instead. I had a raging UTI and I'd usually use an indwelling catheter, but my body had other plans. It wanted nothing more than to push out anything that I had inside me (including the catheter). I felt completely mortified!

    It didn't take too long to find out that it wasn't so bad though. Especially after my boyfriend assured me that he didn't have even the slightest problem with me having to wear anything. That helped a lot.

    Now I'm to the point where I don't even think twice about what option I use, wether it be intermittent catheters, indwelling catheters or diapers. I just use whatever is best suited for the particular situation I'm in.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babbler110 View Post
    With MS during a flair up you get tired and I do mean tired, sleeping like 18 hours a day. The Dr wanted to treat the flair up with a five day course of heavy steroids but since a bad reaction to the drug can be deadly they like to do the first few injections while you are in the hospital.

    I went in so tired I did not not know which end was up, I was having small leakage problems during this time but I had not started wearing anything for it yet. While in the hospital the bed had the standard heavy reusable pad but sometime during my first few hours the nurse had placed a disposable underneath me and just pulled it up between my legs but did not fasten the tapes. When I finally did come round for food or something the nurse wanted to check the pad and bed. I really did not notice the pad between my legs nor thought very much about it but it was pretty wet. While changing the pad it was then I first heard her use the word diaper saying she wanted to slip this diaper underneath me but we don't have to fasten the tapes. I remember thinking diaper? Did she say diaper? Well the rest of the day I was in and out of sleep with the same every few hour changes.

    It was after the nurse shift change and a different nurse came in that the routine changed. The new nurse Must have read on my chart that I needed a change every few hours and she came in with a wash cloth, basin, power and a new disposable announcing "let's change that diaper." well since the only other person in the room was a quite but demented alzhimeirs patient no one else heard it. I got the full cleanup and diaper change but this time pulling snug and taping up the diaper. This went on for a two days until I was discharged and sent home to finish the treatment there. My Mom and sister were there and on the discharge paperwork it said, incontinent and they provided me with an extra bag of diapers to take home.

    I had a nurse finish the treatments at home and she always insisted on checking for rashes so there was always at least one change she did. The rest of the time I either changed myself or yup my Mom helped me since most of the time I was sleeping. When I started to run low of the blue hospital diapers we called a local medical supply store and they brought a case of Tranquility and I remember both my mom and sister commenting on how much thicker and more comfortable these will be.

    Throughout that whole experience there was something the triggered in my brain that, hey I like wearing diapers... Eventually I started to get better any my daytime bladder came back but I still wet the bed at night. It was not until several years later that I meet another person who told me what both a DL and AB was but that is another story.
    I know there isn't a lot of love on ADISC for those who say they 'wish' they were incontinent; Yet your story is one I have fantasized for myself on many occasions. I'm sure it is far different to live it in real life than it is to reminisce on the romanticized version in my brain - but I can't really help it. Glad to hear you've found some acceptance through the experience.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    I know there isn't a lot of love on ADISC for those who say they 'wish' they were incontinent; Yet your story is one I have fantasized for myself on many occasions. I'm sure it is far different to live it in real life than it is to reminisce on the romanticized version in my brain - but I can't really help it. Glad to hear you've found some acceptance through the experience.
    I think it's much less about having the fantasy than those who attempt to put it into practice or tell incontinent people how "lucky" they are, projecting their fantasy onto their reality. I think as long as you can distinguish between reality and fantasy, you're okay.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-Nov-2010, 18:02
  2. First time call long time listen
    By Veljie in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2010, 14:12
  3. What's the time? Diaper time!
    By Lazy in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-Sep-2009, 20:24
  4. Short time lurker - long time DL
    By wildcat in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2009, 07:15
  5. Do you have a set Bed Time
    By moocow in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-Jun-2009, 00:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.