Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My morning show really disappoints me sometimes.

Default My morning show really disappoints me sometimes.

I was listening to my morning show, and lately, there's been a rise of AB mentions, cause of little side stories or news articles. Usually I just ignore it, I can take a few hits, we are indeed "weird" to the outside world. However, this last story really just... disappointed me.

Look for "best of," "Meredith's fetish dating sites," and scroll to 3:30. Music On Demand - MJ Morning Show

The article in question: Eight Vaguely Unsettling Online Dating Sites |

---------- Post added 11-02-2011 at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-02-2011 at 10:34 AM ----------

Hundreds of thousands of listeners across the US, and he reads MY complaint email on the air. lolz.

I'm 20, and I've been listening to this show since I was in high school. I love
    the show, I listen online as I play my games if I miss the morning show.

I happen to be a member of the AB ("diaper") community. I usually just ignore it
    when you guys mention it and start the negative talk, but lately, with the odd
    frequency of stories popping up, the increased bashing of these type of people
    is starting to depress me. The MOMENT Meredith mentioned "top 8 dating sites for
    people with fetishes," I knew this was going to come up, and I was dreading it.
    To hear you guys talk about it the way you did, I felt sick, honestly. I'm still
    going to listen, because the show is solid, however... I've lost a nice portion
    of respect for you in regard to how you treat idealisms that are not the social
    norm. I almost shut off the show today and said "fuck it." Listen. I know we're
    weird. Do you think if I had a choice, I'd choose this? We (mostly) try to keep
    to ourselves, on-air mention is nice if its unbiased, but skewing it negatively
    just really... hurts. Try to be more considerate in the future, okay?

Wow, that is a little messed up :S. What did they say about your complaint email? Did they just laugh and rip it to shreds?

I really hate it when a show takes jabs at a subculture of any sort. So I don't blame you on your comment, cause I would be thinking the same thing but would honestly stop listening to them.

A local station was ripping on transvestites today. I don't really listen to the radio, but my brother said it was hilarious. He's your run-of-the-mill average guy. It's that stuff that has him listening to the station in the first place.

Honestly, I don't really pay much attention to radio stations. I find solace in that they act like they're still in high school, and are probably too ugly to get on TV as a news anchor or comedian.

This is the reason I don't tune into opinionated radio shows or talk about them with anyone really.
    Someone always comes across hurt :c

It could be worse, like if a school class decides to talk about it because the teacher heard the show and wanted to express their opinion.
    Like, I remember in the 8th grade my first block science teacher brought up abortion for whatever reason when everyone was finished with their work.
    Basically, said that I feel that it should be an option to people, can got called a baby killer for half the year x.x
    Or recently this week I'm being called a Nazi supporter.
    Had something to do with black history month... don't geddit myself...

Oh, and I really hope they didn't shred your complaint to pieces over the air Don

It's amazing in this day and age how many small groups get bashed. There are still plenty of anti gay comments in the media. I can remember when black people were portrayed in a terrible light on radio and television. I suppose it makes average people feel superior. Unfortunately it's at the expense of others, people with real feelings.

You totally left us hanging on the most important part: what they said afterwards.

The linked site is a bit difficult to navigate, so it's really hard to get our answer from just listening to it ourselves.

Sorry, haven't been on since I posted it.

Friday, hour 3, marker 14:00 is when he starts.

I made a picture, too. Red is post 1, green is post 2.

(page is )

They did kinda seemed like bags of douche there, but I guess that is how most people see us. If I try to think of it from their point of view it does seem pretty gross and weird. Honestly though, it could have been worse. They just said it in a negative light, nothing really untrue was said.

The site they saw was part of it too, they saw a bad portrayal of the community there I believe. I just checked it out, and... well it's not pleasant. Especially for eyes that haven't seen this before...

I myself can't help but be somewhat disgusted at our community sometimes, most other places give off that vibe. Diaper Space for instance, I haven't stayed long enough to really judge it but the pictures and some of the people there are just not something I want to be involved with...

Hence why I'm at ADISC and not most other places.

...But the whole WoW thing, that was mean.