Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly things you find yourself giggling too.

Default Silly things you find yourself giggling too.

What are the small things you can't help but giggle at that you know you can't explain because of why. Due to the awkwardness or taboo the subject is.

For me... working with HTML and CSS, whenever I type 'padding', I get a little smile each time. Or when I work on a form and make a submit button. All the graphics or code often makes me type 'submission'. (A BDSM reference.)

So! Just want to hear other peoples little things that give them giggles. :3

I remember last week my programming teacher said he had to think long and hard. I couldn't help myself! XD

Loopygone

One of my AB friends who comes to visit regularly... he has me in stitches so much with two simple things:

"Loopy... Loopy!... LOOPY!"
    "What?!"
    "Smells"

"Guess what?"
    "*sigh* what?"
    "Chicken Butt"

I don't know why, but both of these always makes me giggle. Even though I've heard them both about a billion times. :3

There is a place up in northern Indiana near the Amish community. FYI my moms dad was mennonite....but anyway there is a place called "Yoder Carpets" i dont know why but every EVERY time i read the sign i giggle

I think for me one silly thing I giggle at is this YouTube video of some kid guessing a "Who's that pokemon" and mistaking Koffing for Pikachu. It's not really that funny but the guys voice gets me every time!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyHeart View Post
    What are the small things you can't help but giggle at that you know you can't explain because of why. Due to the awkwardness or taboo the subject is.

For me... working with HTML and CSS, whenever I type 'padding', I get a little smile each time. Or when I work on a form and make a submit button. All the graphics or code often makes me type 'submission'. (A BDSM reference.)

So! Just want to hear other peoples little things that give them giggles. :3
    I giggle when the wrong homophone is selected.

Actually, I die a little inside.

When someone says "stiff," I can't help but smile. "How you feeling?" --"Stiff." "Sounds like a good day, then."

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    One of my AB friends who comes to visit regularly... he has me in stitches so much with two simple things:

"Loopy... Loopy!... LOOPY!"
    "What?!"
    "Smells"

"Guess what?"
    "*sigh* what?"
    "Chicken Butt"

I don't know why, but both of these always makes me giggle. Even though I've heard them both about a billion times. :3
    Guess why?
    Chicken thigh.

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    I giggle when the wrong homophone is selected.

Actually, I die a little inside.
    Hopefully this comment and concern did not go over the head of the OP.

The problem is in the meaning of the title posted for your thread.

I read it several times and passed over this thread because the title made absolutely no sense.

Silly things you find yourself giggling too. = Literal translation as written:

Silly things you find yourself giggling also.

here is a link to a video by one of my favorite (and award winning) slam poets, Taylor Mali on the subject of proofreading:

The The Impotence of Proofreading • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

Here is a transcript of the poem/text:

AndrewThatsMyName

Mad TV Sketches. Funny as hell.

I laugh at a lot of silly stuff. I don't think I could list it all, but today I was watching Between the Lions and they had a short book on there reading it which completely cracked me up. I think the entire text was something like this: "Mouse catches an old shoe. Mouse throws the shoe back. Mouse catches a stick. Mouse throws the stick back. Mouse catches a little fish. Mouse throws the fish back. Mouse catches a big fish. The fish throws mouse back."

I'm actually giggling right now about the ending. It just amused me so much because there's the mouse sitting in the pond at the end and the big fish standing on the shore.

My wife and I have a thing about the word "doody". Every time we hear it we laugh. For a long time Ford had a commercial on television about their pick up truck. It was the super Ford duty, or Super Duty! I wonder how long you're suffering over the toilet when the Super Duty decides to call?