Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elias, reporting for duty!

Elias

Default Elias, reporting for duty!

Hello world of ADISC, I'm Elias!

I am a soon to be high school graduate, preparing to journey into the world of elementary education, with a possible minor in music. Perhaps I will become a music teacher, or perhaps a classroom teacher, or change my mind entirely...who knows! Always be subject to change, right?

Alrighty, I'll stop beating around the bush. I've been a tad intimidated to post, but I will for sure comply if it will "unlurker" me. I'll also now try to be a bit more of an avid communicator on fourms and in chat!

I come to this site with the intention of reading how other people handle this life style, and possibly finding a few like-minded people to chat with regularly. I became aware that I was interested in this life style at about age 12, and have never really been comfortable with it. Comfort and self-acceptance are what I truly seek with membership here. I consider myself, in general, a pretty positive person...but this little part of my life has never settled in right. Hopefully that will be resolved here! Thank you everybody for being here for support! By simply reading posts now and again, I am assured that there are always people who will have my back!

Hi Elias, welcome to ADISC!!!

12? That's pretty much the normal age when people discover they're a TB/DL. It took me until I was 17, so hahaha. Fun.
    How have you liked ADISC so far?

Take Care!!!

Welcome Elias. Maybe you could tell us what makes you uncomfortable about this life style, then we could offer advice and opinions. Would love to part of your supportive community online.

Elias

To be honesty, sexuality in general is what makes me uncomfortable. I've experimented with diapers only a small handful of times. Each time I felt very "wrong" and "regretful" for having participated in something that is sexual by nature.

It's rather difficult to explain. I'm not fond of exhibiting sexuality. I've always considered myself a very caste person, but I can't help but realize that I have some growing interest in this community and what it stands for.
    Last edited by Elias; 09-Feb-2011 at 14:17. Reason: Misclick, wasn't done writing.

For me the sexual interest is more peripheral, though I admit when I first started wearing the feelings were much more intense. I have been wearing to bed for many years now, so it has become just an ordinary part of getting ready for bed at night. So, for what it's worth, I think those strong sexual feelings you are feeling early on, will decrease over time. Just asking, but what makes you think sexual desires are somehow wrong - unless of course it involves hurting or exploiting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    To be honesty, sexuality in general is what makes me uncomfortable. I've experimented with diapers only a small handful of times. Each time I felt very "wrong" and "regretful" for having participated in something that is sexual by nature.

It's rather difficult to explain. I'm not fond of exhibiting sexuality. I've always considered myself a very caste person, but I can't help but realize that I have some growing interest in this community and what it stands for.
    This makes sense and I guarantee there are hundreds or thousands of people with the same kinds of shyness on this forum, let alone in the world. Some of them may be gay and not used to the idea, having not yet come out to themselves, let alone the world. Others might be asexual but unsure about that too; nobody wants to have the world know who they are before they themselves know!

There are people who are just shy and content to keep intimate stuff strictly between themselves and their wife. Some people are destined to be celibate for whatever reason; just because society is increasingly hyper-sexualized (and at ever-younger ages) doesn't mean that's the right model for everyone.

As to diapers, whatever floats your boat or at least prevents leaks and saves it from sinking is good in my eyes. Guilt over turnons - especially this one - is also common, and is one issue that can be helped by talking about it to many people and seeing how they cope.

I think you'll find more in common with people here - whatever age or sexuality or gender or whatever - than you will find by way of differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post

I can empathise with this. I was quite religious in my high school and university years, and that brought all sorts of guilt issues along for the ride. Oddly enough, I was able to reconcile diaper wearing before I reconciled being gay. Before then, though, there were a few different times when I bought a pack of diapers, used one or two and got some... relief... as part of the deal, then felt so guilty that I threw the rest of the pack in a dumpster.

Welcome, and I hope, and believe, you'll find some insights that you're seeking here. Most everyone's pretty chill and accepting, so hang out, relax, and see what there is to see. It'll be brilliant!

Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    ... nobody wants to have the world know who they are before they themselves know!
    That is one of the best things I've ever heard! I think that that alone justifies my shyness of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    ...there were a few different times when I bought a pack of diapers, used one or two and got some... relief... as part of the deal, then felt so guilty that I threw the rest of the pack in a dumpster.
    Yup, guilty of that. Something in me just didn't feel right about engaging in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    ... Just asking, but what makes you think sexual desires are somehow wrong - unless of course it involves hurting or exploiting someone else.
    Like I said, it's hard to explain and I'm not exactly 100% positive myself. I have it ingrained in my mind somehow that sexual stuff = a no-no. I've lived under that philosophy for a long time, and have often considered myself a possible asexual. However, this idea - wearing diapers and such - defies that consideration completely. I'm starting to guess that I don't want to want to have anything to do with sexual things. That's where I'm not sure if I should allow myself to be into this. Do I accept it, or repress it? I feel like I want to repress it, but then why would I be here in the first place?

Either way, thanks for the quick support, everybody. I feel much better about being here already!

Sure, no problem! We're doing our job, yay @ that!

Since the influence of religion is a key idea in this thread, and in the threads of other people who are suffering guilt-related issues, let me say (in brief) that it is all fine and dandy where a religion offers a moral guide, a handbook, and offers rough guides to right and wrong: and tries to get across PRINCIPLES you can use to make decisions on the fly.

It is where these faiths try to dictate specifics I have an issue; and very especially when it comes to sexual morality. And most especially where such a faith is designed to speak to the common masses and thinks its 'regular' laws should apply to all the exceptional cases, all the uncommons. I still hang onto the notion that one can and should be happier for one's faith (or lack thereof), not more miserable.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 11-Feb-2011 at 00:38.

Welcome Elias and thanks for the good intro post. You don't seem as shy as you say you are and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.