Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Attends

Default Vintage Attends

So I got a 24 pack of "vintage" Attends for $26 on eBay, I've never tried "vintage" adult diapers before, so did I make a good choice?

If you could pick any "vintage" adult diaper to be available on eBay at a reasonable price what would it be and why?

I suppose that's a pretty good price to try something different. By the standards of today's high-end diapers, I don't think we're missing much with the loss of the old Attends (I still have one, so I'm not just going off memories). They were very good for a cheap, readily available, moderate capacity diaper and the plastic was very soft. I'd still buy them if they were around today but they wouldn't put a dent in my purchase of the high quality ones.

dido. I've always been curious about the old Attends perma-dry lining, but beyond that I'm not really itching to revert the days before designer ABDL diapers and high-quality products like Abena. However, I did prefer the patterning of the old-style Abena to these weird new race-car stripe ones. I'd probably buy those. But those hardly count as "vintage." Then again, I wouldn't even call the old-style Attends "vintage," since "vintage" denotes some sort of quality, and quality is precisely what Attends lacks :P

The old Attends with the 6 blue tapes where goot at some point. They even had a good smell. When they removed the good smell, they began to suck. And they gradually became pretty deficient.

I also remember the Institutionnal Attends, with the 4 white tapes and the plastic INSIDE. They where very absorbant. I used to wear them a lot and they would last a long time. You had to get used to the feeling though.

Those where the diapers from 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    I also remember the Institutionnal Attends, with the 4 white tapes and the plastic INSIDE.
    How does that work?

The plastic inside was full of small holes shaped in a way to prevent urine from comming out. Or so they said. The diaper was mostly gel crystals and little fluffing, so it was quite efficiant.

The plastic would stick to your skin, it was strange. You never quite felt wet, yet you felt like you had a wet trash bag stuck on you. You really had to get used to it.

The plastic inside was full of small holes shaped in a way to prevent urine from comming out. Or so they said. The diaper was mostly gel crystals and little fluffing, so it was quite efficiant.

The plastic would stick to your skin, it was strange. You never quite felt wet, yet you felt like you had a wet trash bag stuck on you. You really had to get used to it.
    Ew...I don't think I would have been able to get used to that. A wet trash bag? :P

The old Attends with the 6 blue tapes where goot at some point. They even had a good smell.
    The thing that I always liked about the old Attends was how they smelled exactly like Pampers. Probably because they were made by the same company at that time.

Wait a minute, don't some kinds of vintage attends sell for big money nowadays on Ebay? Like hundreds of dollars? Sounds like you got a good deal.
    Invest in diapers! LOL

That's generally how collectables work out. They usually meet most of the same criteria:

- something that people normally would not hold onto
    - something that is damaged, altered, or destroyed when used
    - something that was originally sold very cheaply
    - something with childhood nostalgic value
    - something that originally was in very high circulation

Stamps, coins, and baseball cards are the primary examples. Diapers fit the list well though.