Thread: I hate job interviews...

Thumbs down I hate job interviews...

I really do. Especially now, since I'm still waiting for her to call me.
    Which she did, but I wasn't there so I couldn't receive it. Plus it seems like she just won't leave a message telling me if I have a job or not.

I hate this waiting really just stinks.

Leaving a message is somewhat unprofessional, the outcome of your interview should be told to you, and only you, first-hand. Since she did try to contact you directly, and you missed her call, I think you should call her back.

I did, and she promised that she would call me back after he meeting. But I found out she went home instead.

I'm sure I got the job, but it's just not fun waiting.

Thanks for the advice though!

The waiting does suck, though sometimes it is worth it. My first job interview, it took over a week for them to call back (after taking a drug test), and ended up getting another job before then. Still wish I had just waited :/

I've been through many job interviews in my life. They can be very stressful, or downright entertaining. One of the most interesting ones was for a job where they had me AND another candidate for the position interview at the same time, TOGETHER! I am not sure how professional that is, but considering it was for a sales position, it definitely showed who could be the most competitive and had the strongest personality. I declined the position when offered, by the way.

I hate the whole past experience questions like when were you faced with adversity in the workplace, how did you handle it?

Interviewing is an art. I don't remember ANYONE who ever got the job on their first, second, or even third interview. It took me about seven before I could stop averting my gaze, stumbling on my words, and talk very little about me.

I am sorry, StrawberryRaven. Don't let it get you down, and don't give up. I wish you all the best in your search for employment. Take care.
    Last edited by fifigal; 10-Feb-2011 at 03:09.

Yeah, keep trying StrawberryRaven. The worse job interview I ever had was for a church choir directing job. I was in college, and so it was a part time job. I was interviewed by the minister in his private office. He seemed to know a lot about me, as if he researched my life behind my back. He knew I was adopted and he asked if I was having problems getting along with my parents. Typically, I was having a lot of problems, but my parents also knew I was living a very alternative life style. The closer was when the minister said I should come and live with him. He was actually hitting on me! I said no thank you, and then didn't get the job. This is why I believe in God, but I don't believe in churches. One of many reasons, I should add.