Thread: ...yet another TB/DL...

Default ...yet another TB/DL...

Hello everyone,

I'm 17 years old and from Germany.

I would describe myself probably as a DL with TB tendencies. Maybe I'm just like that because I did not have the chance yet to be a "complete" TB (hope you know how I mean that...).
    Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum.

Hi DrDL,

Yes, I think we get your meaning. What else are you interested in beyond your TB/DL interests? Do you have any favorite hobbies, or favorite sports?

yes, my main interest is music, I play guitar and sing (or more exactly practice to sing) all the time, I write a lot of songs (genre: Metal) when I'm not at school, plus I like watching motor sports (mainly Formula 1)

Great, I love guitar. I don't currently play guitar but I am thinking about taking some lessons and I know quite a bit about guitars. What kind of guitar(s) do you have?

Guten Tag.
    Being a metal fan (mostly prog metal), I think it's awesome that you write songs. Do you have any favorite band?

My main guitar is an Aria STG-004 (Strat Copy), but I'm lucky to get a Fender Highway One Stratocaster for my 18th birthday this year.
    I'm mainly into neoclassical metal, my favourite "band" is Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force, so my main inspiration, favourite musician and guitarist is Yngwie. I also like Joe Stump, and beside neoclassical metal, I also like Power Metal bands like HammerFall, even some melodic death metal (I like Scar Symmetry), and some hard rock (Deep Purple).

And I take music very serious (my main activity actually), I'm currently recording some demos with help of a few friends, I want to get some gigs and I hope to get a record deal in a few years.

Nice. Have you put any of your work on youtube or something?

yes [Youtube links removed]
    Last edited by spddan; 07-Feb-2011 at 20:12. Reason: Removing publicly posted, personally identifiable material

Hi DrDL.

Welcome to ADISC. You look like a cool guy, and I'm glad to see you here.
    I removed a couple youtube links you posted, as they were likely to be a bit overly identifiable, especially since you are still under 18 (though barely). So, those were removed to protect your identity and personal safety. I recommend not sharing such publicly where anyone could see it and use it however they want.

Once again, I welcome you to the site. (Don't worry, even my intro thread had to have parts removed for being a bit too identifiable ).
    Hope you enjoy your time on here.

Hello, and welcome to ADISC!

Looks like you're replying Martin as being the person on ADISC who lives closest to me. Been a good 5 years since I've been to Warendorf though.