Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Great news if you're American

Default Great news if you're American

As I'm sure all us Americans are well aware of, we've been the butt of the world's fat jokes for quite awhile now. Well, great news! We're no longer the fattest country in the world! That title now belongs to Australia who managed to beat our 25% obesity rate by 1%.

Australia World's Most Obese Nation
    Australia is world's fattest nation |

"It's a record we shouldn't be proud of: Australia has overtaken the US as the world's most obese nation.

The report, Australia's Future Fat Bomb, finds 26% of adult Australians (that's almost 4 million people) are now obese. That's an increase of 1 million since the last count in 1999. By comparison, America has a 25% obesity rate.

"That, unfortunately, makes us the heavyweight champions, a title we don't really want," said report author Professor Simon Stewart, who is also head of preventive cardiology at the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute in Melbourne.

"I would regard this as the biggest threat to our future health," he said.

"As we send our athletes off to the Olympics, let's reflect on the fact that we would win the gold medal now in the world fat Olympics if there was such a thing.

"The health care system is going to be overwhelmed by weight-related hospitalisations from knee replacements through to heart attacks and strokes.""

Yeah I saw that...We still probably have the most fat people, but Australia has a bigger ratio of obese people to us...Still not something to celebrate about...

Lol, well external things don't really mean much in these cases.
    Every Australian could blow up Violet style, and it wouldn't make American health any better.

Anyway... why are people getting so fat? I blame crap meals, like microwave meals and stuff. And fast food...

Go Fatties!

Seriously though, our ratio of fat people is higher than the U.S, but the U.S still has the *most* fat people.

I guess it's incentive for people here to start losing weight. :P

There are a lot of other potential themes to joke about concerning the US.

Oh, Kraiden, you can't pull that cheap amounts-are-still-amounts bullshit! Truth is, 26% of your people are a bunch of fat sons-of-bitches, and only 25% of our people are fat sons-of-bitches! If you were going to calculate amounts, then you'd need to take into consideration the amount of hospitable land, the ratio of hospitable land to unfertile land, the amount of people per square mile, etcetera, etcetera...

I do wonder how they get these figures without disturbing 4 million people's privacy... One sidenote though, doesn't Australia have less people living in it which means america still has the largest amount of fatties?

Places to go, people to eat

*imagines the headlines*

Australia now the world's fattest nation. Americans jump for joy, causing earthquakes in China

Not to worry though!

America still has to shake off the image of being a nation of fat-asses! Australia... well, we got koalas and boomerangs, and we'll keep it at that.

But on a more serious note, I can see this coming to fruition. I walk down any street in the city now and encounter quite a number of grotesquely obese people. And they are rude too! They expect me to move out of their way. The only reason I do so is because I don't want to disrupt their momentum. It must take a while to get themselves started... oh, and the fact I'm a guy that's 5'10, of a healthy build and not *that* physically strong. I'd get knocked out in and instant. I got to hand it to fat people, they carry with them a half-ton where ever they go. Something I couldn't do. Also, they tend to smell... bad.

If there's one thing I'm openly sour about, it's fat people. They are always complaining, "OH I can't lose weight! I just can't!" - all the while they are shoving a handful of doughnuts down their throat.

Yes , we arn't #1 for the obese nation. Great Job Austrailia

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    There are a lot of other potential themes to joke about concerning the US.
    Please don't start the mud slinging again it is unwanted and unneeded.

TO the topic at hand....who cares. IF anything this is a bad thing because when we were the fattest nation people had ambition to loose weight.