View Poll Results: How Should a Toilet Paper Roll Go?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

51 76.12%
  • Under

10 14.93%
  • Not typically set on a roll

6 8.96%
  • Not used (wipes or some other silly answer that needs to be explained)

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Does it Go?

Default How Does it Go?

This is not a new debate if we've had it here, it's been a long while. I'm hoping our generally reduced interest in toilets might help us to prevent bloodshed from this potentially contentious topic. The question: which way does the toilet paper go on the roll? See the side-view image for proper terminology:

I like over, it just makes more sense to me. It's easier then having to reach under the roll to get more paper. But I guess it depends on who you are?

Uh, it all goes to the same place, so why does it reeeeeeeally matter?

If I put it on a roll hanger thing the cats turn it to a heap of fluff on the floor. I keep it on a shelf over the toilet for those times I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This is not a new debate if we've had it here, it's been a long while. I'm hoping our generally reduced interest in toilets might help us to prevent bloodshed from this potentially contentious topic. The question: which way does the toilet paper go on the roll? See the side-view image for proper terminology:

Over.

But my stupid cat likes to "play" with toilet paper that is on rolls, so these days I tend to leave them upright on the sink by the toilet rather than mounted in the dispenser.

Oh, and "play" means "spin and shred until the owner just has confetti" to her.

This is an outrage! Of course it's over. What kind of idiot would put it under...haha Trevor. I just thought I would be the first to bring drama to the toilet paper dilemma. If only there was someone I could multiple quote! Actually both my wife and I prefer over, but I couldn't possibly justify my answer. Having given this some thought for years, (sadly, I'm not kidding here) I have found that it may depend on how far the role is from the floor. It does seem to make a difference in terms of convenience. It is an interesting question.

Dwhite

Over. No doubt. Butt i will be honest, when the need comes, i dont really care if its over or under.