Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuk 5 shield size

Default Nuk 5 shield size

So I recently bought a nuk 5 on amazon. I got the blue on with a green ring and also a blue one with a star. I really like them, but I kind of want one with the original nuk 5 shield because I hear it is bigger. My question is does anyone have both the original and a modified nuk5 to compare? How do you like the bigger shield?
    Thanks for your thoughts

Default Nuk 5 sizes in mm.

I have an image file I produced some time ago to show the Nuk 5 I have in mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dumnuk5.JPG 
Views:	1243 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	3681  

thats a useful document.
    there are lots of different guard sizes as they all come off of regular baby / toddler paci's. the only adult one is the nuk5 guard

I was tempted to get a nuk 5 with one of the cute babyish shields, but opted for the original just because I wasn't sure how well the modified ones would hold up if they were taken from baby pacifiers.

I have both, there is not that big of a difference! I like all my nuk 5s pretty much!

Wow! That thing really is huge. I just pulled out my trusty measuring stick and marked it off. (I keep it nearby when I'm looking at things online. It helps me visualized the sizes.)

I don't know if I'd like a paci that big myself.

FoxyKitty, I don't think there would be much of a difference in the quality of the shield. From what I've seen of baby pacifiers, they're pretty tough.

Bobbie

butterflyhuge

Here you can also buy a kiddy like adult sized shield, they're really expensive though!!!

I think all of the shields are too small. They should cover your face beyond your lips a bit. If they increased the size to about 50 percent larger than the nuk 5, I think they'd have it about right. A bigger shield might help to prevent drooling too.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post

FoxyKitty, I don't think there would be much of a difference in the quality of the shield. From what I've seen of baby pacifiers, they're pretty tough.
    Yeah the shields themselves are definitely tough, but I wasn't sure if I quite trusted the modifying process which sounds like it involves taking the plain shield from the adult paci and connecting a shield from a baby paci. I mean it's probably fine but I was already paying enough for my nuk 5 and I didn't want to take a chance that it wouldn't hold up

I have the plain Nuk 5 and think it could be bigger. The nipple size is fine, but the shield is a bit smaller than I would like.