Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFO over Utah

Default UFO over Utah

So did anyone else see the UFO over Utah? the 3 red lights that were dropping white flare like things.

Just want to hear what everyone else thinks about them? Do you believe in aliens?

As for myself, I will not believe in aliens until I see something for myself. But wonder why in the first place they would come here if they are so advanced.

If aliens exist, god fucking help us.

"An unforgettable 14 hour experience"

I live in Canada, so I never saw it.

But yeah, I do believe that there is at least one sentient life form in this galaxy, other then us. Considering the amount of planets that they estimate are like Earth, there has to be some kind of life. Whether it is more advanced then us is yet to be seen. But given the evidence, there is probably one sentient life form that is more advanced then us.

Consider this: If we found life somewhere, do you think anything could really hold scientists back?

I believe the movie "Skyline" was very close to what would happen if we were invaded. Just without the brain ripping.

Cannot wait to see how "Battle L.A." turns out

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Cannot wait to see how "Battle L.A." turns out
    The sheer amount of explosions in the trailer means it's going to be a box office hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytricks View Post
    The sheer amount of explosions in the trailer means it's going to be a box office hit.
    Would almost have to believe it was made by Michale Bay!

JDdl

I believe in aliens, but I hate to tell anyone, because most people that I know think that it is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JDdl View Post
    I believe in aliens, but I hate to tell anyone, because most people that I know think that it is crazy.
    Depends what you mean by aliens. If you think little green men are walking among us, then yeah, people will view that as strange. Scientifically, the probability and likelihood of another species existing is high. The universe is infinite, and somewhere out there there are planets in similar conditions to earth in terms of location, ETC ETC. Explain to them that if creatures (extremophiles) can live in volcanoes, in acid, and so deep down in the ocean that we can't even get to them, life on another planet billions upon trillions of lightyears away can't be all that impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by JDdl View Post
    Easy enough to believe that there is other intelligent life out there somewhere. Much more difficult (for me, at least) to believe that they are visiting us and that if they were to do so that it would be in a half-assed covert manner. Seeing that we lack the ability to even reliably do anything consistent yet with our own natural satellite, I think the level of a species' having-its-shit-togetherness in order to visit distant worlds on spec would indicate a whole other order of cultural sophistication that would make that kind of game playing unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Easy enough to believe that there is other intelligent life out there somewhere. Much more difficult (for me, at least) to believe that they are visiting us and that if they were to do so that it would be in a half-assed covert manner. Seeing that we lack the ability to even reliably do anything consistent yet with our own natural satellite, I think the level of a species' having-its-shit-togetherness in order to visit distant worlds on spec would indicate a whole other order of cultural sophistication that would make that kind of game playing unlikely.
    Unlikely, but not altogether impossible. You have to remember that there are solar systems a lot older than ours. If that's the case, then it naturally follows that other species would have evolved to intelligence much earlier than us. The whole travelling-to-distant-worlds thing itself wouldn't be all that impossible. And of those, there would certainly be those who, for better or for worse, would take an interest in "lesser species". We do it all the time with animals, studying their behaviors, watching them mate, etc. I would think that to a sufficiently advanced species, we would be of similar interest.