Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Computer help?

  1. #1

    Default Computer help?

    Not sure if this is the right fourm, but here goes

    So For a while I've been having some problems with booting up my computer..
    Whenever I turn it on it says there was a boot problem and won't start up properly. I then have to go into safe mode with networking, and if i restart from there I am ok, hence how i am on my computer. I have Run scan after scan, cleaner, anti spywhear, anti virus, you name it.

    I have put this problem aside by simply turning my computer to sleep at night, and not fully shutting down,

    Does anyone have any Advice, suggestions, etc

  2. #2

    Default

    Open the command prompt (Start>Run>Cmd).
    Type "chkdsk /f" and type "y" when it asks to run at next boot. Restart the computer and let it do it's thing.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    Open the command prompt (Start>Run>Cmd).
    Type "chkdsk /f" and type "y" when it asks to run at next boot. Restart the computer and let it do it's thing.
    what will that do? can it mess me up in any way?

    Now its saying i dont have sufficent priviledges? that i need to invoke this utility running in an elevated mode?

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    what will that do? can it mess me up in any way?

    Now its saying i dont have sufficent priviledges? that i need to invoke this utility running in an elevated mode?
    What else would it mean? Start>All programs>Accessories>Right click Command Prompt>Run As Administrator. You need to have an administrator account. It checks the structure of the disk and checks for bad sectors and stuff.

    How to Understand and Use Chkdsk in Windows XP

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    what version of windows are you running?
    Windows Vista

  8. #8

    Default

    Most computer you order online has a programs to check for issues on the Hard disk Most of the time it would be on a Resource CD or DVD. When My laptop was sent to me. I had a 2 bad disk becuse the Fedex guy punch the Box to get the tag off. So there was a hole in it. Dell sent me two Hard disk as a replacement. My setup was Dual 620gb hard drive in Raid setup.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    What else would it mean? Start>All programs>Accessories>Right click Command Prompt>Run As Administrator. You need to have an administrator account. It checks the structure of the disk and checks for bad sectors and stuff.

    How to Understand and Use Chkdsk in Windows XP
    thank you! it seems to be working fine now, thank you very much

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    thank you! it seems to be working fine now, thank you very much
    This tends to solve most problems not caused by viruses. Other easy one is fixing a broken boot manager.

Similar Threads

  1. New computer
    By h3g3l in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-Nov-2009, 14:36
  2. Got a NEW computer
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22-Aug-2009, 22:13
  3. Computer- Got a new one...
    By timmahtherebel in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-Jun-2009, 06:56
  4. New Computer
    By Maxicoon in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-May-2009, 08:01
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-Jan-2009, 22:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.