Thread: Hello from Iowa

Default Hello from Iowa

Hi all! My name is Lil Marky and I am happy to introduce myself to this wonderful community. I am just reemerging into the lifestyle and am starting here. YAY!

I am an AB and have been for many years, although I've been inactive for the last few years. (More on that later.) I really enjoy the state of mind that being in diapers and babyish clothes brings me. My toddler self has no worries, and that is a much needed break from my outside life.

Otherwise, my interests are probably the same as many of you. I LOVE to read, both prose and graphic literature (yes, I mean comics...)and that has landed me in my dream job, working in a bookstore. I like movies and TV and all that stuff too, but am more selective in that respect.

I plan to use this virtual real estate to share my love of the AB lifestyle, as there is really nobody to talk to about it in the real world. I am in a long term relationship, so I'm not here to meet a partner. But I do like to meet new folks, so don't be shy about contacting me here.

Thank you for having me,
    Lil Marky

Hi there Marky,

Welcome to ADISC!

Sorry if you found the reception chilly on IRC... You shouldn't take what's said on there too seriously. Actually, Mesmerale felt quite bad about it...

Near: Go ahead and tell him that I'm just a bitch, and that calling people "idiots" is common with me. If he is new, he has no way of knowing that that's just how I talk, and that I wasn't actually insulting him directly.
    The people on IRC tend to know each other fairly well, so heckling is very common on there, and it shouldn't be taken too seriously. I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to get a good feel for it. Once you do get a feel for the people on there it's quite pleasant, you just have to get over the initial "OMG I don't know these people" phase (which includes identifying who you should and shouldn't take seriously).

Now, back to the regularly scheduled response to your introduction thread. Thanks for writing a good introduction by the way, we see too few of these
    What kind of graphic novels do you like? Personally I grew up reading Belgian comics (Lucky Luke, the Smurfs, Asterix, Iznogoud...) and I've been a fan of mangas since seventh grade (in fact my nick is from the name of a character in Death Note). However, for some reason I've never gotten into American comics (probably a combination of the art style, which doesn't appeal to me, and the multiple continuities).
    Also, what would be your favourite 2010 movie (Toy Story 3, in my case) and what TV shows do you currently watch?

Anyway, I hope you'll stick around,

Thank you so much for the post and the explanation. I am usually more thick-skinned than that, actually, but am not feeling too well so I guess I was just not up to it. I mean, I've been a regular 4channer for years, so you would think that I would be less sensitive. Kind of an embarrassing reaction, now that I think about it. Tell Mesmarle not to worry about it, that I absolutely understand and harbor no bad feelings.

As far as comics go, I am into the less "heroic" stuff. I cut my teeth on Sandman, Swamp Thing, Preacher, Transmetropolitan (Warren Ellis is definitely my favorite) and the like. I've never gotten into manga too much. I can probably name all the manga I've read right here: Uzimaki, Dohmu, Ranma, Akira (of course) and Nausicaa. See? Not much there. I also go lout of my way to find more slice of life type stuff or "small" press comics. Blankets, DMZ, anything by Doug Tennappel and of course, Strangers in Paradise all come to mind. I know enough about the cape world to get along, but prefer a more supernatural turn to my comics.

Books are easier for me to categorize. I like my prose humorous and clever, but darker and more cynical the bettter. Kurt Vonnegut, John Irving, T.C. Boyle, Christopher Moore and Tim Dorsey are my current favorites, with Vonnegut remaining my constant #1.

Most of the visual media I watch is Sci-fi related. But certainly not limited to, by any means. I enjoy a lot of HBO shows for their production quality and sound writing. (The Wire, Six Feet Under, Sopranoes, Band of Brothers, etc.)

I will most certainly be sticking around, and thanks for the kind words.

Lil Marky