Thread: Tunnel Toys

Default Tunnel Toys

Just wondering if anyone else is as interested in these as I am. I saw one on Amazon.com and immediately thought "FERRET TUNNEL X 9000!"

From the dimensions, it seems like an adult could possibly fit into them, too. Well, a thin adult.

Amazon.com: Mega Playland: Toys & Games

That's an example of what I'm talking about, although those connect playhouses. I'd love to play in something like that...it fits my weaselly little self to a T. What makes them doubly cool is that they fold up so they can be put away.

Koru

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else is as interested in these as I am.
    I don't know if anyone remembers a pizza place called Discovery Zone. It was a huge place with literally miles of indoor tubes and slides and ball pits. I loved that place to no end. So, I'm definitely with you on this one. Sadly, I'm probably too big to fit in them anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Koru View Post
    I don't know if anyone remembers a pizza place called Discovery Zone. It was a huge place with literally miles of indoor tubes and slides and ball pits. I loved that place to no end. So, I'm definitely with you on this one. Sadly, I'm probably too big to fit in them anymore though.
    I've never heard of that place. It sounds similar to Chuck E. Cheeses/Showbiz Pizza. I'm probably too big, but it doesn't stop me from wanting.

I did find this one...it's 28" in diameter instead of what seems to be the normal 20".

Amazon.com: Super Enormous II Connecting Tunnel - 9': Toys & Games

I read online where McDonalds build a humongous playplace that was adult sized. You would honestly think that they'd make them all big enough for adults to go into so they could either play with their younger kids or slide in there to retrieve their younger kids when they refuse to come out again.

"Go giant hamster-boy! GO GO GO GOOOO!" -the newest BDSM practice invented by me... rodent play.

I read online where McDonalds build a humongous playplace that was adult sized. You would honestly think that they'd make them all big enough for adults to go into so they could either play with their younger kids or slide in there to retrieve their younger kids when they refuse to come out again.
    *obligatory joke about McDonalds and their quadruple booty burger with artery clogging goodness*

To put it subtly, that's why they'll probably be made bigger. But I wouldn't let my kids screw around on those things. I won't be able to get in there if they get stuck, because big lady hips + claustrophobia = GET ME THE HELL OUTTA HERE I'M GONNA DIEEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    "Go giant hamster-boy! GO GO GO GOOOO!" -the newest BDSM practice invented by me... rodent play.
    Oh boy...now to invent the giant hamster wheel and get in on the ground floor.

*obligatory joke about McDonalds and their quadruple booty burger with artery clogging goodness*

To put it subtly, that's why they'll probably be made bigger.
    Yeah, there was plenty of mentions that it had to be McDonald's building it because their food makes people get fat. I think part of the problem is that people have no self-control. They see the Big Mac on the TV and cue the zombie voice..."they must get Biiiig Maaaac...Frrrriiiiiesss..."
    Last edited by CuddleWoozle; 26-Jan-2011 at 15:23. Reason: food...foot? Whaaaaat?

I went there once! When I was young. Probably around three. My parents didn't like to go there for some reason. From what I remember, it was really cool, I wish they hadn't closed down.

Just wondering if anyone else is as interested in these as I am. I saw one on Amazon.com and immediately thought "FERRET TUNNEL X 9000!"

From the dimensions, it seems like an adult could possibly fit into them, too. Well, a thin adult.

Amazon.com: Mega Playland: Toys & Games

That's an example of what I'm talking about, although those connect playhouses. I'd love to play in something like that...it fits my weaselly little self to a T. What makes them doubly cool is that they fold up so they can be put away.
    Hmm need a water bottle and food bowl then i would feel right at home if you lay down the news paper, hehe

I remember there my grandma took me there every time i went to see her, most of it was big enough for an adult to fit in so you might ba able to fit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    I remember there my grandma took me there every time i went to see her, most of it was big enough for an adult to fit in so you might ba able to fit. :P
    I've actually been perusing websites that sell the components that make up those playgrounds. The tubes come in 30" diameters, which is pretty huge. I think most adults would be able to squeeze into them without much trouble.

In the process of checking those sites out and ogling the tunnels, I came up with a 'Brilliant Plan'. I always liked playing in the ball pits, but never liked finding any of the weird stuff that seemed to get lost in them (old socks, shoes...not-so-mysteriously yellowed diapers. Uck!). I also really miss being able to play on playgrounds.

So I have this plan all drawn out for an indoor playground that would fit inside of a typical bedroom. I even figured out tentative ways to incorporate a slide and a swing. Basically it would be two rectangular boxes, about 36" tall. I'm short enough to crawl around under those and sit up without banging my head. And under one side of it, I figured out how to make it into a ball pit.

The tunnels relate because the plan I drew up uses them to connect the two sides. It resembles nothing so much as a gigantic hamster habitat, to be honest, but it really seems like it would be fun for me since I don't mind the low spaces.

Count me in. My favorite toy was this cupboard about 3 feet high and 6 or 8 feet long with sliding pressboard doors; it was bought for housing toys but it was better for housing me ( with a book and a flashlight.) Grade one or two I think... You could put me in a tree house and forget me there; and gawd... snow forts with a tunnel, a main room and one or two other "rooms" (more like Turkish jail cells without room to turn around...) Beds were made for hiding under to me (unless someone got on top. Then your hair would snag in the springs and you were trapped in all directions... But there I go, giving the claustrophobics shudders... I'll stop now.