Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby powder

Default baby powder

Hey everyone, now that I'm back from winter break at universty, I can finally go on adisc without being paranoid, hooray!

I have just a couple questions for you guys. What brand baby powder do you buy/enjoy using? How much poweder (oz) lasts how many diapers for you?

baby powder comes in two vaieties, talc and corn starch. If you look at the "ingredients" label on any baby powder, there's really no difference, it'll be "talc, fragrance", or "corn starch, fragrance". They're all the same that way. Go for what's cheapest.

Last time I was shopping for it, I found a very large generic container at walmart pretty cheap and it was identical to johnsons and johnsons brand. The hardest part it seems is figuring out where they've decided to put it. Sometimes it's with the baby supplies, sometimes with the diapers, sometimes in the toiletries with the foot powder etc. Drugstores put it in apparently random places. I've had to ask for help finding it more than once.

I have noticed a difference in baby powder over time however. I have a very old bottle of J&J here and that stuff is the consistency of baking powder. Compare that to say, flour. There's a slight difference. But they appear to work the same. Probably has to do with a small difference in how finely they grind the powder.

Oh, on that same trip to walmart, there was a lady with a cart of misc stuff and FOUR containers of large baby powder. She had close to a gallon of the stuff. And no, the rest of the cart was not loaded with diapers, tho there was one medium size pack. She must use the stuff generously.

A regular sized thing of powder lasts almost forever. That being said, I've never really noticed a difference between one or another brand. As long as it smells like baby powder it works for me.

I only use powder at night. If I put some on in the morning it goes everywhere - all other my clothes!

Thanks guys. I just went with a regular thing of J&J, cause it was there.
    Does baby powder help with anything significantly? what are all your experiences?

WarrenW

J&J is nice. I really like the scent. I also like the smell of the baby oil too.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSanta View Post
    Does baby powder help with anything significantly? what are all your experiences?
    Besides the nice scent, it helps prevent your skin from getting irritated by rubbing of the diaper. For me, I was piling on the powder generously the first few weeks i was wearing, and even then I was chaffing from time to time. Now I don't need it, but I still powder up sometimes if I'm feeling like I'm going to start sweating, helps cool the skin.

You don't want to put on powder when your skin isn't dry, it'll just combine with the sweat etc to make paste and you'll lose the cooling/protecting effect. I find it's nice to put on about 10 minutes after I've gotten out of the shower. My skin has dried by that point, but still sticks a bit down there and the powder really helps.

The powder help in keeping you dry where you can get sweaty in there. But I prefer baby oil, as it prevent the moisture from getting in your skin too much. It prevent diaper rash.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSanta View Post
    Baby powder is indispensable when mounting tube tires wether car, tractor, motorcycle or bicycle and that’s a fun excuse to have a bottle on the workbench. As an old fart I only buy J&J talc even though some say it isn't as safe as cornstarch it is the bestest.
    As to the ABDL thing it smells great and feels silky on ones "junk" but I see no real benefit.

I use J. and J. baby lotion after my shower. It's actually very good for the skin, especially during the winter when the air is dry. I'll use J. and J. baby power in the evening when I put on my diaper. I don't know whether it helps, but the smell is wonderful.