Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here =)

Default Newbie here =)

Just want to say hi and introduce myself.... so Hi! =) My name's Emily. I am 27 years old deaf girl and living in B.C., Canada. I am a DL for many years and I wear goodnites (my favorite) occasionally. I love Harry Potter and big fan - hence my username...hehe. Other things I like to do is play online games (usually on facebook), shopping for cute clothes, and taking photos/shoot videos and editing them.

I was looking around for a group that have mature people in it... no sick people hitting on others etc. There are so many groups like that in facebook and got sick of it then I google around and found this. This group seem to be very nice and I think I will enjoy my time on here and make new friends on here and look forward to engage in conversations around here with you guys. =)

Update - I have added a picture of me for my profile picture, if you are wondering what I look like. =)

Update #2 - I removed the picture due to an advice I receive, and completing rest of my profile info. Now it's all finished, I guess. =)
    Last edited by LovelyLily; 25-Jan-2011 at 05:12. Reason: Update

I hope you have a great time her whit us. This forum is loaded whit match of nice and friendly people.

welcome.

Do you have some more interests beside Harry potter?

Thank you =) Yep, I enjoy watch TV (big CSI fan here), movies (action and comedy mostly), playing Super Mario Bros on Wii, reading comics (Garfield is my favorite), some certain anime as well.

were you born deaf, or did it develop over time, if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPotter View Post
    I was looking around for a group that have mature people in it... no sick people hitting on others etc. There are so many groups like that in facebook and got sick of it then I google around and found this. This group seem to be very nice and I think I will enjoy my time on here and make new friends on here and look forward to engage in conversations around here with you guys. =)
    Hey there friendly new face.

Welcome to ADISC. I think you have made a wise choice to come here, in that it's quite likely the most mature site I know of in this community, so long as your understanding of the word 'mature' doesn't just mean 'sex,' hehe. Of course, there's always concern for a female in a mostly male fetish/lifestyle community, but you shouldn't get hounded by creepers here, and if you do, just report it to the staff. We like to keep the site clean and safe.

Anyhow, welcome to the site. Feel free to hang out here and browse around. Post to whatever interests you. We have a pretty wide range of interests, as I believe it shows when you check out the newest posts. Ask questions if you have any. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi

I am new here today as well. It has taken me lots of courage to sign up but I am really glad I did.

Hope it all goes well for you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    were you born deaf, or did it develop over time, if you don't mind me asking.
    No that's quite all right. =) I am born hearing then developed to be deaf shortly after I turn 1. I was born premature and had lot of health issues right there. But at least at the end, I turned out to be okay. hehe.

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome! =D

Ah! New Super Mario Bros. Wii! Do you happen to play those sort of games often?

[Mad Super Mario fan myself...] :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarplum View Post
    Ah! New Super Mario Bros. Wii! Do you happen to play those sort of games often?

[Mad Super Mario fan myself...] :3
    Somewhat. =) I just got Wii for Christmas so I play frequently at the moment. hehe. My favorite classic game of Super Maro Bros was Super Mario World on Super Nintendo (released in '91). I miss that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPotter View Post
    Somewhat. =) I just got Wii for Christmas so I play frequently at the moment. hehe. My favorite classic game of Super Maro Bros was Super Mario World on Super Nintendo (released in '91). I miss that. lol
    :O My favorite other than Mario RPG.

I speed run SMW like a madman! XD