Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got real diapers!

Default Finally got real diapers!

Yes! and it's everything I ever thought it could be!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaultin View Post
    Yes! and it's everything I ever thought it could be!
    Congrats! How did you obtain them?

Hey... that's great!

What kind... where did you get them?

A piece of advice... they'll probably take a bit of practice to be able to put on properly... but be patient... it all comes with time and experience.

Okay full story, now that they are safely disposed of.

I now have money, as I have a full time summer job. My mom and my bro went to his orthodontist appointment, and I was like; **** it, it's now or never, I'll either finally get what I've wanted for so long or doom myself to 2 more years of fear and secrecy. So I walked through the woods to an obscure local supermarket in a dying shopping center. Got a pack of Large Depends Fitted. They actually fit surprisingly well with the aid of a little scotch tape, but they seemed to me to be quite low rise (maybe I just have a long distance from my crotch to belly button? L said they were for 42" waists, and I'm a 30, but they fit fine, but were barely above my hips...w/e.) They didn't leak, things were good, and I felt like I could hav pushed them a lot further, as I only gave them one medium wetting and a few dribbles. I can't imagine how absorbent a high quality diaper like the Abri must be ...anyway, 15 more left. Awesome.

Tripple bagged and at the bottom of the bottom trash bag

Exellent! Good for you, hopeing so much that that will happen to me soon. Don't worry - I'm planning. ...

Cool... try getting the mediums next time... they will fit you better.

Thats a little weird that they fit so low, I have close to a 31 waist and when I use large they practicly come half way up my body, but then again I'm one of those people who are built close to the road, verticaly challenged I call it.

But I refuse to buy depends I tried them once and they sucked, then someone said they improved and I bought them again, and they still sucked, I have had better luck with wally worlds diapers than depends.

But if thats all you can get, you gotta go with that, if you lived in the northeast, I could help you out from time to time, with diaper hideing and such.

Well, I figure genuine real life diapers are better than none at all, and these lived up to my expectations fine, despite the fact that I grabbed the wrong size because I was so sweaty and nervous. I don't really care if there are better diapers out there; I have diapers.

Also, ballucanb, I'm, er, vertically gifted as it were, being 6'2"+ (and my growth plates are wide open...not a very convincing baby ). But yeah, the Large seem barely long enough to cover, er, certain parts, to prevent leaks, so even though the waist is a little wide for me, I don't think it would be wise to step down to the medium next time, at least in the Depends.

I got some Depends yesterday and i have noticed that the absorbency has gotten better, i think mine held like 6 or 7 wettings and only minor leaks. Mabey i just got a diaper with the wrong amount of material in it.