Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new fad that is all the rage in the UK-like a sleeper

Default the new fad that is all the rage in the UK-like a sleeper

OnePiece - Jump in | One Piece, Jumpsuit, All-in-one, Onesie, Chilloutsuit

I guess these are becoming popular especially in the uk. they are like sleepers but feetless and with hoods. they are made by a norwegian company and are quite expensive but they look amazingly cute...

this is the link to an article about them in the guardian:
    Zip up, look sharp: the OnePiece roadtested | Life and style | The Guardian

and here is a sample picture:

Loopygone

Sleepers certainly have seen a rise in popularity over this winter in the UK. And not just feetless ones. The all in one company make brisk business with theirs, expanding it's range, and designs. They are pretty expensive as well though. There is also Primark, one of the biggest clothing stores here who have ran sleepers for the past two years, this year they were selling like hotcakes :X.

Wow they are expensive, I think in a few more years you will see sleepers every were and almost everyone will be buying them. I now have 3 and always look for more to buy.

Greencat5

now only if wearing diapers where a beginning FAD *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Sleepers certainly have seen a rise in popularity over this winter in the UK. And not just feetless ones. The all in one company make brisk business with theirs, expanding it's range, and designs. They are pretty expensive as well though. There is also Primark, one of the biggest clothing stores here who have ran sleepers for the past two years, this year they were selling like hotcakes :X.
    Hmm. Well, it's not exactly been warm over winter these last few years (by British standards). Possibly it's also the recession - people are feeling insecure and feel an inclination to "go back to the womb", so to speak.

Oh my... those are a *lot* of money. :0 Look really cool though

I am just so glad Primark have stocked cheap sleepers the past couple of years, there is no way I would pay that much for that one - though I am sure the quality is exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by dungarees View Post
    I am just so glad Primark have stocked cheap sleepers the past couple of years, there is no way I would pay that much for that one - though I am sure the quality is exceptional.
    I wouldn't be so sure. As with anything, you pay for fashion, irrespective of quality. The All-In-One Company is cheaper than OnePiece - and they offer nearly completely custom designs.

I posted the same topic several months ago, when it was in in it's height in Norway. Seem it's finally sweeping the UK too.

crazykittensmile

Unfortunately I wouldn't say the Onepiece has become all the rage here - a few minor celebrities (such as X-Factor contestants) have been photographed wearing them, and there have been a couple of newspapers who have run articles or mentioned them, but I haven't seen any regular people wearing them, and they're not for sale in shops, only on that very expensive website. At that price unless a high-street company (eg: Primark, Topshop/man) stock them at an affordable price I doubt they will become a proper fad.

Although as already mentioned footed sleepers, as sold by Primark, are definitely super popular this winter.