Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Little brother.... what to do?

Default Little brother.... what to do?

Ok... here's the situation...

My brother keeps stealing the computer while I'm in the shower, and he refuses to get back off. He threatens to tell my parents if I try to get back on. I sign off (switch user) when I leave the computer, and he always gets on, claiming that I wasn't technically "on" even though I have programs running. I insist that I was on, and that he should get off... but I know that he'll get his way if he tells my parents. What do I do? It's really annoying when I'm in the middle of RP'ing, or whatever I'm doing at the moment, because he decides that its his turn.

Something else is that there's a computer on the other floor of my house... but he refuses to use it because of its location.

Sharing computers really sucks, and if i didnt have my own i wouldn't go on here hands down.

The only thing that i would suggest doing, is if he doesn't use the one on the other floor, why dont you use it?

You're the big brother. If he's acting like a douche, just tell your parents. I know from experience that sometimes you can get away with it if you have proof.

dldillon

i have a little brother to and the reason hes probably doing this is to make you mad the next few times he does this just go ok and use the other computer.... it will be super frustrating the first few times you do it but once u dont react to it he will stop hopefully.

You could always put a screensaver on. Just make sure you tell windows that you require a password to clear the screen saver.

Or you could always just have a simple program that will launch something useful like [email protected] It will eat all of the resources and then he'll have to deal with a slow-ass computer...Make sure to pop a linux live disk into the CD drive so if he just restarts it, he'll be like "OH NOES!"...

Greencat5

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Use linux.
    although i do prove this sugestion it wont help much in this case

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    Or you could always just have a simple program that will launch something useful like [email protected] It will eat all of the resources and then he'll have to deal with a slow-ass computer...Make sure to pop a linux live disk into the CD drive so if he just restarts it, he'll be like "OH NOES!"...
    nice thinking :P or you can put a password on all the accounnts

Quote Originally Posted by MessyMan View Post
    Use the other computer
    quoted for logic