Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So some 14 year old does a game for the Iphone.....FML

Default So some 14 year old does a game for the Iphone.....FML

This Kid Made One Of The Biggest Games On Earth (His Mom Helped)

Ya know how you shouldn't compare yourself to other people..... I've been studying.... for 3 years....... I've not come close to anything effing like this!

*smashes head against keyboard*

Whenever I try anything this is what happends!

God damn.... I'm so pissed of at myself... so how about you guys? I mean how does this make you feel? You aspiring would be game developers? Are you raging like I am?

Note: I"m not angry at the kid,i'm quite happy... I'm just.... disapointed in myself.

Wow. Can't say much else man. I don't have the will to make anything like that.

Dont be disapointed or mad...Hate to break it to you but there is always going to be someone that is just really VERY naturally talented. and People who are like that are 1 in a million....

I totally get where your comming from, I play trumpet, and I work hard to increase my range and upper register, its kinda a buzzkill to see some kid whose younger then you and never worked for it just pop out notes that are 3-4 higher then where your at easily. Or play some really hard piece that you have struggled with for a while.

THat happens to everyone, and i hate to sound discouraging, but theres always someone better then you, somthing I have learned over and over again in music.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Dont be disapointed or mad...Hate to break it to you but there is always going to be someone that is just really VERY naturally talented. and People who are like that are 1 in a million....

I totally get where your comming from, I play trumpet, and I work hard to increase my range and upper register, its kinda a buzzkill to see some kid whose younger then you and never worked for it just pop out notes that are 3-4 higher then where your at easily. Or play some really hard piece that you have struggled with for a while.

THat happens to everyone, and i hate to sound discouraging, but theirs always someone better then you, something I have learned over and over again in music.
    Yeah I know... thing is I've been struggling with some code for a while.... and all that shit. I mean Honestly I've been kicking myself and I just feel overall horrible. I go to kotaku to get my mind of of everything and to see some news about the new 3DS and Launch things on the LBP2 and some info about FF13-2.... and I meet that.... I've been feeling like shit for a while... this just hit me hard... ya know?

I mean I'm one of the youngest master photographers in the area... I'm sort of a prodigy... so it's tough for me to not be good.... I've never truly had to struggle for much so I'm like dunno how to deal with it. Granted I'm nothing compared to some of the worlds best photographers... but overall... ya know? Iunno.... someone is always better.... but it's like this hit me at the worst time possible.

There are just child prodigies out there, I guess.

I've been drawing since I was around 15, and there's this one 10 year old out in the world that's amazing at what he does. Am I mad because I have no idea how to work in corel painter or because I can't do acrylic worth shitdiddlies? Nope, I just try to work at what I can and make myself awesome.

Does that mean you should give up? Hell naw, brotha! You do what you're gonna do! When I feel like 'omaigawd I can't do this', I just kinda step back from it for a while, take a nap, and play with makeup until I look like this:

Ps: Yes, I actually do say 'me gusta' after the deed is done. And then I go to the 7-11 and mumble to myself incoherently in front of the slurpee machine. (My life is cracktastical.)

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Yeah I know... thing is I've been struggling with some code for a while.... and all that shit. I mean Honestly I've been kicking myself and I just feel overall horrible. I go to kotaku to get my mind of of everything and to see some news about the new 3DS and Launch things on the LBP2 and some info about FF13-2.... and I meet that.... I've been feeling like shit for a while... this just hit me hard... ya know?

I mean I'm one of the youngest master photographers in the area... I'm sort of a prodigy... so it's tough for me to not be good.... I've never truly had to struggle for much so I'm like dunno how to deal with it. Granted I'm nothing compared to some of the worlds best photographers... but overall... ya know? Iunno.... someone is always better.... but it's like this hit me at the worst time possible.
    I know exactly what you mean. for the first 5 years of playing i was the best in our school district, of up to 8th graders by far, Now, I am a Highschool jr, lead in the advanced jazz and then 2 freashman came and that can outplay me anyday, on any piece. Kinda makes you feel like shit, but its one of those things you just need to get through.

its always so disheartening when you think you are good at something that means a lot to you, then someone else comes along and blows you out of the water. I feel that way with a lot of the stuff I do. Really I have not found anything I am particularly good at, don't think I ever will. My photography is alright, but its such a difficult profession to get into.

But yeah like everyone else has said, someone will always be better, just as I am sure there is someone better than this kid.

According the comments, its already fallen off the list, is getting meh reviews (at best), is written with an easy language (and expensive), and is fairly simplistic. Doesn't sound like much to hold up and say "why can't I do that!"

My wife (also a photog, granddaughter of a legendary photog, which puts even more pressure on her) has this to say:

"If someone comes along and does something amazing that blows my shit away, that just means I need to step up my game"

That's how she's approached life in general, and particularly her artwork. She's carved herself a niche in this area as a combination photographer/PS wizard, and as a result makes money based on the simple reality that no one here can do what she does. She knows she's not the best in the world, but that is a fact that motivates her to learn more, to do more, to keep pushing.

I wish I could bottle her tenacity. I wouldn't sell it - I'd keep it all to myself. I'm the king of demotivation - if there is no deadline, I'm the lord of the slackers.

dragsnick dont fall into the trap of comparing yourself to other people........that kind of thinking is never constructive.

I dont know anything about the game but the reason its getting any sort of publicity at all is because of the kids age........he looks young enough to be in diapers lol.

If anyone older made the game it wouldnt be the major news story it is

just relax and do the best -you- can do........no one else matters.