Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Okay I am a little rough at this and I will admit that I have put this off for as long as possible.

I am not that good at writing but I hope to improve that with time and practice. I am working on discovering myself in my free time as work keeps me really busy and stressed to the point of wanting to destroy crappy equipment that doesn't work like it should.

I am a closet DL and questioning AB, but I am a shy person who does not do well in large groups.

I am interested in outdoor activities although lately I have been having a harder time getting around due to some accidents I have had in the past (Nothing Seriously Life Threatening). I am a former Military Service member and if you want to know more about me feel free to ask me.

I want to find a place where I don't have to hide who I am inside and can help others find happiness. I want to improve my writing and work on completing stories I have started... Yes I have a bad habit of not finishing stories and I usually don't post them till I have several chapters or pages written to my satisfaction.

I would love to find some friends that share a love of writing and reading stories that don't involve real life all the time. As I think that a great writer should be comfortable in whatever they want to write.

FYI No I am not A Furrie or a babyfur. I chose the nick QuietWolf as the wolf is my spirit totem and I enjoy quiet areas that allow me to think and relax...

Welcome QuietWolf. Hopefully we can help you find what you are looking for. I certainly empathise - I'm pretty shy myself, and it's only the imminence of my 30th birthday that has driven me to come to terms with who I am. There are certainly people here who can help you with writing, although I wouldn't really count myself among them. Creative writing has never been my forte.

What sort of outdoor activities, out of interest?

To be honest, anything that is not too Physical, for example Star Gazing, Camping, anything that gets me away from the city and the people.

Ah. I've always enjoyed hiking, but it's impossible to find true wilderness around where I live. It's been a fair few years since I've actually been camping.

I have heard that the UK is beautiful in places, and can be horrid in others... I guess it is like the rest of the world... (teasing)

Some parts of the countryside are extremely beautiful - it's just not wild. The English countryside, in particular, is the result of several thousand years of agricultural alteration and landscape gardening. The Scottish Highlands are the closest thing you can find to true wilderness in the UK.

Welcome dude! this sounds like the place for you.

I could absolutely hug you right now, your intro DOESN'T suck!

So yes, welcome to ADISC and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeru117 View Post
    I could absolutely hug you right now, your intro DOESN'T suck!

So yes, welcome to ADISC and all that good stuff.
    indeed! better than mine i'd say! and welcome!