Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather buy a AB crib or buiild it yourself.

Default Would you rather buy a AB crib or buiild it yourself.

I was wounder your option what best way you would get AB crib if you could would you buy it where somone else built it or would you do it yourself and what would your reason be for your choice.

Since I'm fairly handy with tools, I'd likely at least give a serious look at building it myself if I found myself wanting one.

They're pretty expensive, and with all things considered it might be cheaper to build one than to buy one. Also, they could be more easily customized.

Now problem see with building them is making drop down side like old real baby crib did when I was little .

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    Now problem see with building them is making drop down side like old real baby crib did when I was little .
    They used to sell hardware sets that would allow for that. I saw someone who modified a bunk bed into a crib and they ended up using sliding track like would be used for a folding closet door to make the side slide down.

That smart idea never thought of that it would work perfect but wounder if there a way to make it lock at points so it don't just crash down.

I'm not sure how the person ended up getting it to lock. They didn't say, but they did have pictures of it with the side up so it must have.

I'm trying to find the site again. For some reason I didn't bookmark it and it's not showing up in my history. :\ I know I saw it because I was amazed that someone else had seen the style of bunk bed used and thought "Crib!".

On my search I came across an interesting conversation about using a baby safety gate with a door that opens on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed to turn it into a very large crib. I thought that was a rather cool idea since the gate could come down and it would look like a normal bunk bed again.

If I run across that site I will be back to let you know!

I can't use tools worth a crap, so I would purchase one. It would be one that attaches to a bed, so I could take it down when other humans come around.

I think i would try and build one around a bed, i would not have a clue where to start from scratch. Plus i have very little space or tools to do the job.

Buying one might be better for me.