Thread: My Intro

Default My Intro

Hi, I'm Ben, screen-name: "Scarlet1234" - not exactly original, I know - I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it, 'cause I admit, I wasn't intending to really post with this account much :p

As much as I dislike posting an introduction under duress, requiring members to eventually post an introduction is certainly an intriguing way to boost contributing members! It is a fantastic community, if a little 'strict' at times from what I've seen (but then given the far too common negative public opinion to the subject matter, who can deride that).

Okay, so I'm a 17 year old guy from England, doing the International Baccalaureate (basically an A-level equivalent). My primary interests are science and computing - I just love the pursuit of knowledge and technology, but none so much as Physics, which I intend to take to University (A year after most of my fellows, putting me firmly in the increased fees. Yay -.-).

Regarding diapers/nappies, I've been interested in them since I was pretty young - I remember being caught trying them on by my baby sitter, and similar stories :p
    I wouldn't consider them to be a huge part of my life, but wearing them feels good, and is pretty relaxing. So I was pretty happy anyway when I finally got a hold of some Tena Slips a month or so again. Kind of amusing really, thinking of years of how to get a hold of them, and it turns out the best idea was simply to go to the pharmacist at the end of the road. I'm not really into infantilism, as far as I know.

Okay, so that's me. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to contribute heavily, I'm afraid, but I guess I'll try to weigh in when I can. Thanks for your time!

-Ben ('Scarlet1234')

Hey, welcome to the site. For all the home viewers, perhaps you can clear this up: are you in fact indestructible? Sorry about the "forced" intro. You did fine I tend to think it would be better to let people really join in on their own schedule but there are certain advantages to this approach. I hope you'll be able to find the time to make some posts as I think you might have something interesting to add to the discussion. See you around

I grew up on Supermarionation; and a lot of it was waaay ahead of its time. Miniature explosions, cool backgrounds... and the vehicles... !!! Yeah, you could see the strings, and the puppets moved unnaturally... But if you were young, in a pre cgi world, this was food of the gods.

Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons TV intro (1967-68)

You're entirely right, perhaps unsurprisingly I love Captain Scarlet!
    I think it beat Thunderbirds because of the military aspect to it, such as the planes with their 'angels', which naturally seems to appeal to most young boys :P

I can't even remember when I chose this username, but it was definitely quite a few years ago. I joined the internet at an early age. Maybe I did think I was indestructible then :p

Oh, and the amount of times I've attempted to recreate the mysterons voice with audacity greatly exceed the level they should.

Thanks to all of you for your replies

Oh bother, I forgot to mention all the other Supermarionation ones I watched... Stingray, Joe 90, a brief stint of Fireball XL5...
    Ah well, another day

Hello and welcome and thank you Racoon for the clip. I hope you will not be 'blue' but have found your 'destiny' here and you will pop back regularly so you do not remain a 'mysteron'

I'm actually glad to see that people other than myself are fans of Gerry Anderson.
    The first thing I though when I saw this thread was "Oh, I wonder if there's some .png of the Mysteron eyes that I can post in the thread."

Sadly, I couldn't find such a thing.

I know the feeling - finding clips from Captain Scarlet is darn near impossible. And there are no decent recordings of the 'This is the voice of the mysterons...' bit that I could find easily on the interwebz