Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zodiac Signs

Default New Zodiac Signs

Funny that I do not give any heed to my zodiac sign, but a news article just told me that I most likely didn't know what my sign was anymore.

For those of you who are interested.

The New Zodiac

Astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.

Kunkle says that as the Earth and Sun slowly move the signs gradually change, as expected.

The change didn't happen over night either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

While the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings, according to NBC.

See if your Zodiac sign has changed below. (And find out if your friends' signs have changed here or under the dates below.)

The New Dates:
    Story continues below

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
    Pisces: March 11- April 18
    Aries: April 18 - May 13
    Taurus: May 13 - June 21
    Gemini: June 21 - July 20
    Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

Here's the thing everyone is freaking out, but Astrology is about what sign you are born under. So you can't have your sign changed just because the dates are different now, if you were born a Virgo you are still a Virgo. It only makes a difference to those who are going to be born from now on.

For anyone who reads their horoscope, rest at ease you still are what you always have been, just ignore the new dates.

It's been said that these new Zodiac signs only apply to those born after November 2009. You still have the same zodiac sign, nothing is changed.

I'm so angry! Used to be a Cancer now I'm Gemini. I'm beside myself right now.

Wonder what the new one looks like. Probably the big dipper. Or the sun.

Lol. Still an Aquarius.

I'm that awesome. Even the sun cannot stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    I'm so angry! Used to be a Cancer now I'm Gemini. I'm beside myself right now.

Wonder what the new one looks like. Probably the big dipper. Or the sun.
    It's a guy with a snake wrapped around his waist, if I saw the correct picture.

this so called new zodiac sign, Ophiuchus, has always been there, it was just hidden behind sagiterius or something. point is it's not new, just that everyone wanted an even number to the zodiac system, something about odd numbers being bad luck or another. lol. I used this method before anyone widely saw it. hehe^^

Stay a Gemini so I'm all right with this, don't believe in astrology anyway.

...The new one says I would have been a Taurus. That's such bull. (HAHAHAHA! I couldn't resist! It's early and I'm giggly.)

I'm still going to go by Gemini. I match up entirely with Gemini.

*And that's to say that I've noticed that things tend to match up with me in regards to that star sign. Not that I genuinely believe their a predictor of anything. For me it's more of a novelty than anything else. For fun, not serious.

Yet another sign that there are far too many media outlets and too many people with journalism degrees.