Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial 2010 Video Game awards

Default Unofficial 2010 Video Game awards

Here's how this works, everyone will nominate a game for one of the following catgories. the top four nominated will move to the final round. Then we will vote in a poll to determine the winner.

Cutest Video Game: None for me, i was playing GTAIV Ballad of Gay Tony
    Best new Video Game weapon: Explosive Shotgun, GTAIV BOGT
    Most annoying video game boss: None really
    Most Realistic Game physics: GTAIV BOGT
    Best Vehicle: Not one for me, yet
    Any others anyone can think of?

Cutest Video Game: Donkey Kong Country Returns. Diddy Kong tops it off.

Best New Video Game Weapon: Defiler, from Dead Rising 2. Something about a sledgehammer taped to two fire axes just makes for a nice, gory effect.

Most Annoying Video Game Boss: The Twins, from Dead Rising 2. There was two of them, who either both chased you, or took turns. Little time to heal.

Most Realistic Game Physics: Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The physics are not entirely "real," I would say, but there is some nice building destruction effects.

Best Vehicle: Hamster Ball, from Dead Rising 2. It's classified as a vehicle, within game. It's fun to roll over zombies like a cuddly lil' fella'.

I've got a category of my own, if you'd care to know. Aaah, I'll just say it anyways!

Best Video Game Character: Alex Mason, from Call of Duty: Black Ops. Add some psychological problems, a troubled past, and you've got a notable character.

I was hesitant to throw down Alex Mason, to be honest. Call of Duty is such an over-rated series, that it was almost expected to have something from it down.
    And I just do not like to be obvious!
    Last edited by KuroCat; 15-Jan-2011 at 04:35. Reason: Spacing out categories; making it easier to read.

Cutest Video Game: I don't really care, but Kinectimals for the 360/ Kinect looks pretty cute.

Best new weapon: Going to agree with the explosive shotgun from TBOGT. I'd like to point out that that came out in 2009, not 2010.

Most annoying boss: None to speak of.

Most realistic video game physics: I think CoD: Black Ops, even though I didn't buy it and haven't played it much it's pretty good.

Best Vehicle: The APC from Grand Theft Auto: TBOGT! Haven't had more fun in GTA since the Hunter in Vice City.

Best Video Game Charecter: I vote Yusuf Amir from GTA: TBoGT. He's just pure win. Can you tell I loved that game yet?

Cutest Video Game: None for me
    Best new Video Game weapon: Halo reach, needle rifle.
    Most annoying video game boss: Harbinger and human reaper, mass effect 2. On insanity anyway. Glad i got a complete GS for ME2
    Most Realistic Game physics: Bad company 2 but the game itself is a joke
    Best Vehicle: Jetpack, Halo Reach. Hey technically its a vehicle =P
    Best Video game character: Lieutenant Commander John Shepard, Mass Effect 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf3188 View Post
    Cutest Video Game: I don't really care, but Kinectimals for the 360/ Kinect looks pretty cute.

Best new weapon: Going to agree with the explosive shotgun from TBOGT. I'd like to point out that that came out in 2009, not 2010.

Most annoying boss: None to speak of.

Most realistic video game physics: I think CoD: Black Ops, even though I didn't buy it and haven't played it much it's pretty good.

Best Vehicle: The APC from Grand Theft Auto: TBOGT! Haven't had more fun in GTA since the Hunter in Vice City.

Best Video Game Charecter: I vote Yusuf Amir from GTA: TBoGT. He's just pure win. Can you tell I loved that game yet?
    Sorry about that, i got my years mixed up... anyway, the APC is also one of my favorite vehicles. I have another category
    Best Bring-Back item for a video game: TBoGT Parachute, just like teh good old days with GTA san andreas.

Cobalt

My Personal Pick for GOTY (and probably every Year) is Minecraft. This is the most amazing and innovative gaming experiences ever. Minecraft deserves as much recognition as possible. GO BUY THIS GAME.

Cutest Video Game: Little Big Planet 2
    Best New Weapon: CrossBow From CoD:BO
    Most Annoying Boss: None
    Most Realistic Game Physics: Red Dead Redemption/CoD:BO
    Best Vehicle: RC-XD from CoD:BO (that counts right? )

Adding my own Catagories...

Best Wii Game: Super Mario Galaxy/New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Best 360 Game: Halo Reach/Gears of War 2
    Best PS3 Game: God of War 3
    Best PC Game: Minecraft/StarCraft 2
    Best Downloadable Title: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game/Super Meat Boy
    Best Retro Revival: Donkey Kong Country Returns/Sonic The Hedgehog 4
    Best Sequel: Call Of Duty: Black Ops/Mass Effect 2
    Most Innovative Game: Minecraft
    Best Local Multiplayer Game: NBA Jam
    Best GOTY: Mass Effect 2

Cutest Video Game: Super Meat Boy
    I didn't really play many cute games, so this takes the spot, although I only really played a few minutes of it at a friends house :p

Best Video Game weapon: Grappling Hook: Just Cause 2
    Personally, I LOVE this thing. Grappling people to the end of tanks and wiping them into other cars is just AWESOME. Sure, it alone isn't really that good of a weapon, but MAN does it offer some fun.

Most annoying video game boss: Noone really...

Most Realistic Game physics: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    God, how I love you STALKER series, and your realistic physics. Bullets actually dropping, wind affecting where they go, man, I love you.

Best Vehicle: That one jet from Just Cause 2
    I cant remember the name, but is was AWESOME. Rockets an' machine guns an' going REALLY FAST.

I might edit later after I think of some other categories... too tired now tho x.x

Cutest Video Game: The UnderGarden

Best new weapon: Death Stick!! (In AlternativA, hard to explain xD)

Most annoying boss: Can't really think of any that came up in games I played

Most realistic video game physics:ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, ArmA really should be a no brainer as its meant to be incredibly realistic.

Best Vehicle: None for me, any games I had with decent cars came out prior to 2010

Best Video Game Character: hmm...Andrea from AlternativA (really liked her, and one of the best voice actors in the game)

super meat boy. PERIOD that game made me break a 360 controller (one of the new ones with the transforming dpad) it CRACKED i was reefing on it so hard ^.^ that game is awesome!

Cutest Video Game: Didn't come up for me.

Best new weapon: 0.50-cal Anti-Material Rifle with Incendiary Ammo from Fallout: New Vegas

Most annoying boss: Can't really think of any

Most realistic video game physics: Fallout: New Vegas

Best Vehicle: Hammerhead hovertank from Mass Effect 2

Best Video Game Character: Commander John Shepard from Mass Effect 2