Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dose it mean to be a furry?

Default What dose it mean to be a furry?

I didn't find anything for what I was asking so I though I would ask. It's just that when I hear the name furry, I can never think of the words that define it. So this question gose out to the furrys out there, what dose it mean to you to be a furry?

A defination of a 'furry' changes from different points of views.

To me: a furry is someone whom has a fondness to anthromorphic art and literature, whom personally connects to an animal of some sort. There is a better description out there, and this link might help: http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...e-babyfur.html (Found it in the articles here.)

So, if I like to roleplay as a human girl with a tail and dog or cat ears, I classify as a furry?

Quote Originally Posted by SBLeslie View Post
    So, if I like to roleplay as a human girl with a tail and dog or cat ears, I classify as a furry?

No. Thats a compleatly diffrent kind of thing.

What is it then?
    Not sure of the name, but basicly those people like wearing animal ears and tails, but don't like the full out costume. I just can't think of the name.

This might help Furry fandom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Although the definition of "furry" is about as clear as mud. It could be as simple as having an attraction to stuffed animals to wanting to be an animal & every extreme in between. I myself love the furry art, love to do mascot work & love collecting teddy bears. To some other furs this is on the tame side of furry.

Kemonomimi. Look it up on wikipedia. It's arguable whether you are a furry or not. Some people say you are, some people will say you are not.

To put it simply, furries are people with an interest in anthropological animals. I like the art. It's interesting. I don't have a fursona because... I prefer the way I am in real life. I'm comfortable with who I am, and do not want to change. By some definitions, liking the art is enough to be considered part of the fandom. It's not like infantilism, where it's feelings we can;t control. Furries are a fandom that people participate in willingly. You are a furry if you want to be.

I guess its fair to say that a furry is basically anyone that identifies him or herself as one. That's how I see it, anyway. I mean, it is a fandom after all...

For me personally, I am a furry for the following reasons: I just plain like (cute) furry art, I like to represent myself as an anthro puppy online (I also like to do some light online RP as such) , I believe dogs are a pretty good match to my personality and I really, really want to attend a fur-con some day.

Yeah, not 'furry' there. Furry is seen as the entire body has a layer of fur (or scales), however, a human with animal features like a tail or ear, is something different.

Art Examples:
    Furry:
    http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...waii_Furry.jpg
    Non-furry but animal features (more comply refer to in anime communities as a 'neko' ) :
    http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...5301770290.jpg

Hope that clarifies a little. ^_^;