Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappies by Minki

Default Nappies by Minki

Has anyone in the Uk ever tried these?

Continence Care Garments :: Nappies By Minki

I'm considering ordering a couple of the day-time pocket nappy, and I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with them.

---------- Post added 22-01-2011 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 13-01-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

Well, I ended up ordering a couple of these Day-Time Pocket Nappy and a half-dozen of these Super Soaker.

I'll probably do a proper review when I've put them through a few wash-wear cycles, but first impressions are quite positive. The nappies themselves are very well-designed and made - the suedecloth lining makes them incredibly soft and comfortable on the skin; while the large amount of elastic in the legs and waist and the extensive velcro tabs make them fit perfectly. This is the first nappy I've found that is really comfortable to sleep on your side in. Even the PUL outer layer is very soft. It's a very high-quality product.

Of course, the real feature of these nappies is the pocket - it's huge. Seriously, I could fit a fair-sized bath towel in here. I have two large soaker pads (roughly 1ft by 3ft) in at the moment, but I could easily fit in another two. At a pinch, it might take as many as six (though I doubt I'd be able to walk with that many in). Regardless, you can have as much or as a little absorbancy as you need.

I haven't fully tested the absorbancy of the soakers yet, but the lining is very effective at wicking wetness into them.

The real test is going to be the wash. Hopefully, the nappies themselves will dry very rapidly, unlike the all-in-ones with integrated soakers (which take forever to dry). The soakers will probably take a lot longer, but that's not an issue if you have enough of them.

EDIT

The nappies do dry pretty fast, but most gratifyingly, so do the soaker pads. After 12 hours in the airing cupboard, they were bone dry. That's a vast improvement over my Leakmaster All-In-One, which usually takes 48 hours.
    Last edited by Akastus; 23-Jan-2011 at 09:47.

They look good. I notice that the flaps overlap. Can you post pictures of them worn?
    I'm still searching for good reusable diapers. I ordered 2 from Snap ez 4 life. They are ok, but they leak from the sides after a while. I also tried some institutional brand and desing, ans it sux.

The best are still my prefolds with plastic pants, but they are bad at keeping the skin dry. I need a modern diaper, with micro fibers and PUL.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    They look good. I notice that the flaps overlap. Can you post pictures of them worn?
    Sure, I'll post photos a bit later. I'm not sure that the flaps are actually meant to overlap - I mean, it is possible, but you would have to have a rediculously narrow waist for it to be necessary. I'm pretty sure that the velcro on the outside of the nappy is a laundry tab, to prevent nappies sticking to each other's velcro strips when washed.

I'm still searching for good reusable diapers. I ordered 2 from Snap ez 4 life. They are ok, but they leak from the sides after a while. I also tried some institutional brand and desing, ans it sux.
    You could try the Leakmaster All-In-One from AdultClothDiaper.com. It's not as comfortable as the Minki, but it's pretty good, and very absorbant.

---------- Post added 23-01-2011 at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 22-01-2011 at 06:45 PM ----------

As requested. Gasp at my hideously unattractive legs.

Tanks!
    This diaper is really big! I mean, it can't be worn under normal clothing right?
    How are the leak gards/leg elastic?

I find that on most cloth diapers, the PUL wick the wetness by the elastics and it wet the bed or cloths. The only thing that does not do that, is my plastic pants, as the elastics are wraped in vinyl. I see some brands that use 2 differents elastics that could solve the problem.
    Like this
    http://s1.e-monsite.com/2009/09/27/0...eo-004-jpg.jpg
    Last edited by Trevor; 27-Jan-2011 at 01:11.

Tanks!
    This diaper is really big! I mean, it can't be worn under normal clothing right?
    How are the leak gards/leg elastic?

I find that on most cloth diapers, the PUL wick the wetness by the elastics and it wet the bed or cloths. The only thing that does not do that, is my plastic pants, as the elastics are wraped in vinyl. I see some brands that use 2 differents elastics that could solve the problem.
    Like this
    Not sure. You probably could wear it under baggy enough trousers. And I do have a large arse (albeit slimming). But the point is that you can customise the absorbancy to suit your needs. I have two full-length soaker pads in the pocket, but you could just have a load of microfibre cloths directly under the crotch. The nappy itself is pretty slim, since it has virtual no integral absorbancy.

The leg guards are pretty good - they are heavily elasticated and fit quite tightly. I haven't really soaked it yet, but I haven't had any problems the two nights that I've slept in it.

Good to know. Whenever I sleep in my pocket diapers, I get leaks.
    They are absorbant enough, it's just the leg guards. I wonder how babies do to avoir leaks. Mine are basicly adult sized baby pocket diapers.

that's quite an impressive looking diaper there, with the yellow elastic that way. What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    that's quite an impressive looking diaper there, with the yellow elastic that way. What is that?
    Agreed, and the look is amazing. What is this diaper?

It's a pocket diaper. With a separate elastic to prevent leaks at the legs. A lot of baby diapers are made like this. Especially european models.
    It's also found on adult diapers too.