Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnite + Bambino = O M G

Default Goodnite + Bambino = O M G

There's been numerous times where I'll poke holes in the outside of a Goodnite and wear it under a Bambino. It will hold a fairly good amount before it starts to leak.

But I got to thinking...

Most of the Goodnites' padding is in the front, while most of the Bambino's padding is in the back. They're rather working against each other if you wear each as you're supposed to.

So I up and decided to poke holes in the Goodnite's shell, as usual, but instead of wearing as you usually would, I decided to wear it backwards. I suppose it would be a problem if you were to wear only the Goodnite, but with the Bambino on the outside....holy hell.

I can not believe how much it's held so far. And the Bambino doesn't even feel NEAR full. The Goodnite is taking it all, with the Bambino catching whatever overflow.

I've been wearing since about 6:30pm, and I'm just now coming up on 12:30am. I've had several large glasses of lemonade, just to give you an idea of how much I've had to drink (and hence, had to "go"). I'd say I've had AT LEAST 3 full wettings, with minor squirts here and there.

Neat. I never thought of goodnites as very absorbant though - I wear them all the time, and i know they are a big leak hazard compared to any regular diaper. In a bambino though it might be a bit more practical

I've never quite liked the way they feel when I wear them backwards, and they seem to leak way more when I wear them that way. Also, how much sitting are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by DracosWing View Post
    I've never quite liked the way they feel when I wear them backwards, and they seem to leak way more when I wear them that way. Also, how much sitting are you doing?
    Which is why I said "I suppose it would be a problem if you were to wear only the Goodnite..."

Also, I'm sitting, lying, walking, nothing out of the ordinary. It did feel a bit different to have the Goodnite backwards, but once you get the Bambino on top of it, you can't even tell the difference.

I'm a little surprised you aren't having leak problems. Usually the inner diaper defines the leakproofness of any stacked diapers, since that's what seals around your legs. Outer diaper leg cuffs usually overlap, but if any liquid gets around the inner diaper, it's at best going to end up right at the inner edge of the outer diaper, and will leak at the smallest gap because there's no padding way out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I'm a little surprised you aren't having leak problems. Usually the inner diaper defines the leakproofness of any stacked diapers, since that's what seals around your legs. Outer diaper leg cuffs usually overlap, but if any liquid gets around the inner diaper, it's at best going to end up right at the inner edge of the outer diaper, and will leak at the smallest gap because there's no padding way out there.
    Which is where wearing backwards comes in. If you notice, the Goodnites are much thinner on the front side, where the back is much wider (for obvious reasons). If you wear it backwards, the thin-ness is now over your goiter and butt crack. Leaving a lot more room for the Bambino to take over.

Most people know Goodnites don't seal very well. Bambinos are a wide enough diaper that it essentially overwhelms the inner Goodnite. I suppose it could be a problem with something like a Depend, but not with Bambinos. By far the best idea I've had in a good while.

BrianDuBois

Misleading title. I thoguht bambino was manufacturing pull-ups now.

That my friend... is an ingenious invention. Congratulations on your experiment succeeding!

I dunno. I tried one of these out today (Bambino Teddy), and hated it. The print is the most redeeming aspect. The tapes didn't hold to the landing zones worth a darn, and the whole thing just seemed stiff and uncomfortable.

I'm glad I just bought the 2-pack sample, really.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    I dunno. I tried one of these out today (Bambino Teddy), and hated it. The print is the most redeeming aspect. The tapes didn't hold to the landing zones worth a darn, and the whole thing just seemed stiff and uncomfortable.

I'm glad I just bought the 2-pack sample, really.
    I can't vouch for the teddy ones, but from what I've heard about them, they really aren't all that great. The "new and improved" tape system really isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I've had nothing but good luck with the biancos. Originally, I really wanted the classicos, but they had already discontinued the small size when I went to order.

Maybe you should try a sample of the biancos?