Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of powder smell

Default Getting rid of powder smell

Been playing around with the Teddy Bambinos for a while and when I got home tonight noticed my room in my apartment smells like baby powder--even though I haven't used it for a few days. Any tips for getting rid of the smell? This is esp. important as my parents are coming in a few days and it would be disastrous with a capital D if they figured it out...

I imagine that a strong smelling candle would do the trick. Also vacuum and dust, they might even have a good impression about you living on your own if they notice this. :p

You're probably in for a good 2hrs of cleaning though.

The best way to get rid of that kind of smell is to cover it up. light candles or spray air freshener(ew) in your room before they visit.
    I think it's very unlikely that anyone is going to make the connection that you are an AB or investigate a powder smell, unless they already know about your diaper interest before they smelled it. Powder is used for lots of other things: chafing, deodorant, foot odor, keeping infections dry. You shouldn't have to worry much about this as long as your diaper things are well-hidden.

You could fill the room with a different smell. Clean that room with the fresh scent of Pinesol! Personally, I think it stinks, but won't your parents be proud of you for disinfecting your room, though they might wonder why!

Airing things out is better than covering smells in my experience. If you can get fresh air into the space and clean up as well, it'll be much better.

Scented candles, then vacuuming. Don't use air fresheners because they usually mix into the smell, not mask it. I tend to use scented candles and open a window part way when I try to get rid of smells.

You could provide a noticeable, self-evident explaination for the smell. Walgreens sells a generic sort of air-freshener that has a Baby Powder scent. It's one of those semi-solid, gelatinous blobs, inside a plastic housing, that eventually dries out and shrivels-up when it's no longer functional. They are often the only ones left on the shelf after Wallgreens puts them on sale. I love the smell of Baby Powder, so I would choose to buy the fresheners with that scent, even if there were other scents available. I have had some of my smart-ass friends ask me why my bathroom smells like a baby nursery, even though they know full well that it's from the air-freshener. The air-freshener sits in plain sight on the sink, next to the soap. I told them that," I am too much of a cheapskate to buy the more expensive air-fresheners. The Walgreens one's only cost a buck, but the only kind they had in stock were the Powder scented ones. "

Cook with something that smells: bacon, onions, etc.

I'm on board with Fifigal, baby-powder air freshener. It misdirects and explains all in one move.