Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you let go

Default how do you let go

how do all of yall loosen up and let go relaxing i like to do it by listening to music and dancing round my room

I mastur... I play the vidja.

And listen to music.

Maybe it's because I don't get stressed, but I can loosen up quite easily.

Letting go whether that means quitting an addictive relationship or grieving a death can be one of the hardest things you'll ever do. Even if it was an unhealthy relationship, you may still struggle to move on with your life.

It's not easy, but there are practical ways to let go of your past. Before you delve into letting go and saying good-bye to your past, however, you may need to face your memories and experiences.

Six Steps to Letting Go of Your Past

1. Write, talk, draw, paint, or otherwise tap into your thoughts and memories. Letting go of your past means honoring your memories.
    2. Let go of the emotions and feelings of painful memories by letting them wash over you you'll feel horrible during, but relieved and peaceful afterwards. Let go of your past by reliving it.
    3. Go back and talk to the people involved, if possible. Letting go of your past can mean going back.
    4. Share your real feelings; confess if it's appropriate. Letting go of your past means expressing your emotions. If you have to deal with your mistakes, then own up to your shame or guilt.
    5. Apologize and ask forgiveness if you need to. Letting go of your past means being vulnerable.
    6. Get help with uncontrollable urges to overeat, get stoned or drunk, or otherwise hurt yourself. Letting go of your past means burying your pride.

Letting go of a loved one whether it's a divorced spouse, estranged sibling, or euthanized pet is difficult to do. For more tips, read

Read more at Letting Go Of Your Past

I myself find that listening to music has always been my way of letting steam off no matter the source, as well as taking a walk somewhere, which is kind of amusing since that usually entails silence. The last time I was dealing with a very stressfull night I took a nice long walk through the center of my small town, seeing the area quiet and some houses with lights on and others off knowing families and people were inside due to the cold made everything just seem peaceful and that despite the stresses that things were going right with the world.

I listen to The Lonely Island or weird al....cause it makes me laugh and laughter is the best medicine for stress.

if you wanna know what i mean by it making you laugh watch this:

I'm a musician so either listening to music or playing my keyboard. I like to ride my bike or go for a walk. Recently I have enjoyed writing. It's a great catharsis as I sometimes write about things that have been rattling around in my mind.

To relax, I do my usual, sit back and be lazy.