Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help need to destroy virusess on laptop

Default help need to destroy virusess on laptop

hello im back and i need help.
    my laptop momo (yes i named him momo don't judge) caught a virus and now i can't use him. Any sudgestions on how to remove them would be helpful as long as i dont have to download anything ,and i will do a drawing of your choice to any one who can help.

OmegaOne

Quote Originally Posted by lovered View Post
    hello im back and i need help.
    my laptop momo (yes i named him momo don't judge) caught a virus and now i can't use him. Any sudgestions on how to remove them would be helpful as long as i dont have to download anything ,and i will do a drawing of your choice to any one who can help.
    Unfortunately, you are probably going to have to download something. Do you currently have antivirus software installed?

Try downloading Avast and run a virus scan. (Avast is free but you have to register once a year after 30 days)
    avast.com

If it doesn't work, re-install windows and install Avast to prevent any future viruses.

Don't reinstall windows just yet.

Download a anti-virus since it's clear your current one either sucks, didn't update or you actually don't have one. In which case you SHOULD have a anti-virus. I recommend using this Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (the free one)

The virus you have might not let you install Avira or any other anti-virus. If that happens reboot your laptop and go into windows safe mode and install/run it then.

I also recommend using Malwarebytes if it's one of those fake anti-virus things. (These things say you have like 65 viruses and strongly suggest you buy their software. The red flag should come that you never heard of this program and you nor someone else ever installed it. These things don't do anything but pop-up all the time within 2-5 mins of each other. No respectable anti-virus ever does this.)

Malwarebytes

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Don't reinstall windows just yet.

Download a anti-virus since it's clear your current one either sucks, didn't update or you actually don't have one. In which case you SHOULD have a anti-virus. I recommend using this Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (the free one)

The virus you have might not let you install Avira or any other anti-virus. If that happens reboot your laptop and go into windows safe mode and install/run it then.

I also recommend using Malwarebytes if it's one of those fake anti-virus things.

Malwarebytes
    This is good advice, and of the tips given thus far would seem to merit that drawing.

the op mentions that the computer is unusable....this could be a hardware issue too...like the motherboard/chip memory hard drive or fan failures.

just a suggestion.....any more details u can give us? like what your computer was doing before the issue happened? when u say you can use the computer....what do you mean by that exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    the op mentions that the computer is unusable....this could be a hardware issue too...like the motherboard/chip memory hard drive or fan failures.

just a suggestion.....any more details u can give us? like what your computer was doing before the issue happened? when u say you can use the computer....what do you mean by that exactly...
    "Now I can't use [it]" is very different from it being unusable. I read OP's statement to mean that the machine was functionally useless, but able to boot up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    "Now I can't use [it]" is very different from it being unusable. I read OP's statement to mean that the machine was functionally useless, but able to boot up, etc.
    fair enough....i still feel like we could help the op more if there was more information to go off of.