Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clerk asking you questions?

Default Clerk asking you questions?

So me and my mate have had this happen to us on more than one occasion, especially when we're buying stuffers, baby food, bottles, etc. The clerk almost every time asks us how old our "child" is. More often than not, the question has been met with one of the following responses:

1) *mumbled indiscernible responses*
    2) Random age between 6-24 months.
    3) "I'm shopping for my mom, actually."
    4) "It's actually my sibling's kid."
    5) And my personal favorite, "*Mate points at me and I just smile and giggle. A good laugh is had by all and the question is successfully avoided.*

Anyone else had this happen before?

In my 2 years of buying I have only e er been asked once. Lady asked me "how old is your kid". I said I didn't know, I was picking them up for my neighbor.

Several years ago when the new gender-specific Goodnites came out, I went to the store to go buy some. As I was being rung up at the checkout, the female clerk blurted out "Goodnite!" even though it was the middle of the day. I think everyone was staring at me, the guy with 2 packs of bedwetter diapers under his arm...lol

R134A

When I was about 8. I went to the convenience store and bought a pack of diapers. The clerk asked me who I was buying them for.

I just told her I was picking them up for my baby nephew who was over at the house.

She asked me how old he was. I just said he was 18 months. Although I could have just said none of your business.

I've never been questioned about buying diapers although I didn't start buying them until I was 18 or so. I don't even recall getting any weird looks about it. The only comment I've ever heard from a clerk was "Wow, these are expensive" which I thought was a somewhat unusual comment.

i go to the sainsburys in my town. i never have been to the clerk (cashier i assume you mean) with diapers. i never will either :P

Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    Several years ago when the new gender-specific Goodnites came out, I went to the store to go buy some. As I was being rung up at the checkout, the female clerk blurted out "Goodnite!" even though it was the middle of the day. I think everyone was staring at me, the guy with 2 packs of bedwetter diapers under his arm...lol
    Yup, I've had the exact same thing happen more than once.

Tehnoob

Omg didn't know y were on this site
    I love ur YouTube vids keep posting them theyre great