Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So last night.......

Default So last night.......

Last night i wet my diaper but i have a question

Ok like i wear a diaper everynight because i like to regress while sleeping because i seem to get a deeper fuller sleep in a diaper but im relatively new to this whole think and until now i would be awake or i would wake up at the begining of going and this time i didnt is this common after a while or is it medical since i am a diabetic it is possible to totally be medical but i didnt know if maybe it is common to sleep thru wettings after wearing diapers for a while

To be honest dlonthedl89, nobody here at ADISC are Doctors or medical personnel.

The best advice i would give you is to wait maybe another 24-48hours and if the symptoms (bed wetting) are still evident then i would advice you to speak to your own doctor/GP. That's all the advice i could really say.

Don't worry too much because stress can often lead to bedwetting too.

Ginger

Actually... I never read the bit that you were a diabetic. Scrap the above... I urge you to go to see your Doctor/GP as soon as you can. Don't worry but just get yourself checked out just incase.
    Last edited by FlightSimPro; 10-Jan-2011 at 19:21. Reason: Me Being Stupid

Well the way im looking at it if its due to the regression then i knew its a posibility if it due to anything else thank god i wear diapers it saves my sheets and my partner

I still think you should consult your doctor as bedwetting is related to other illness'.

Ginger

crazykittensmile

Bedwetting and incontinence can be a sign of diabetes, so as you are already diabetic I agree with Ginger, I think it would be a good idea to see a doctor. It could be a sign that your condition has changed, and so the cautious thing to do would be to get checked out just to be sure.

I have heard reports from people that prolonged wearing overnight has led to them wetting in their sleep, the theory is that eventually your body becomes so used to wetting in the diaper in the middle of the night that eventually it just stops waking up. This could be what is happening to you, but due to the fact that you are already known to have a condition for which bedwetting can be a symptom my advice would be to visit a doctor just to be sure it is nothing serious and that it isn't a symptom of your condition changing, especially if the bedwetting continues.

If the doctor gives you the all clear then I would deduce that yes, the bedwetting could well be a result from wearing, and using, your diapers to bed each night.

There are a couple of self-reports of people beginning to wet the bed after wearing diapers consistently at night. But I don't know the particulars, like if they were actively trying to wet or if it happened on its own. A simple, albeit unpleasant, way to find out if it's just the psychological effect of wearing a diaper is to simply go a few nights without wearing one and see if you wet the bed. Clearly, you'll want to buy plastic sheets first, warn your partner, and probably not sleep with comforter, since they're a pain to launder. But it would probably help if you had this information on hand if/when you end up seeing a doctor. If it is just psychological, you could try a bed wetting alarm. If it's something else, or something related diabetes, your doctor will give you the lowdown.

Ok let me fill you guys on a little more when i was a preteen i wet the bed all the time so my mom bought goodnights for me. The bed wetting was caused by the diabetes, but being a bedwetter then and kinda being forced to wear goodnights when i didnt want to made me the diaper lover i am today.

The bedwetting has been off and on ever since. Sometimes it lasts a day sometimes six months. I just recently got insurance again so i plan on seeing a doctor in the next week or so and i will bring it up. I just wanted to know if it couls be from wearing diapers again thats all lol

Quote Originally Posted by dlonthedl89 View Post
    Ok let me fill you guys on a little more when i was a preteen i wet the bed all the time so my mom bought goodnights for me. The bed wetting was caused by the diabetes, but being a bedwetter then and kinda being forced to wear goodnights when i didnt want to made me the diaper lover i am today.

The bedwetting has been off and on ever since. Sometimes it lasts a day sometimes six months. I just recently got insurance again so i plan on seeing a doctor in the next week or so and i will bring it up. I just wanted to know if it couls be from wearing diapers again thats all lol
    Definitely a good thing to mention to your doctor when you visit. I'm unsure why, if you have had bedwetting incidents periodically, you would attribute it to diapers in this particular case. I get hungry sometimes when I'm wearing them but I don't think diapers cause me to be hungry. I hope your doctor will be able to clear things up or at least rule out any scary cause.

well see the difference is before in always woke up at the beginning of wetting and this time I slept right trough which has never happened so i was wondering if wearing the diaper was making me comfortable enough to not wake up not if it was making me wet

I agree with others that you should talk to your doctor about it. I honestly believe that you cannot make yourself into a bedwetter or incontinent without some underlying predisposition. Incontinence is a symptom of a medical problem. In my case, I have been urge incontinent to varying degrees all my life due to a faulty nervous system. That coupled with occasional bedwetting and night terrors when I was a preteen because I typically sleep very deep and, by the time I was in my mid-twenties, I was bedwetting again almost every night. I have read histories and reports that a small percentage of childhood bedwetters have once again become adult bedwetters. In others words, if your body has been there before, it shouldn't be all that surprising.

Wearing a diaper at night probably adds to the comfort and security of the situation, allowing you to sleep without worry and sleep deeper. It's much harder to sleep when you know there's a chance you will wet yourself, sheets, bed, etc.