Thread: So after my 360 crapped out on me I got a slim and found my old xbox

Default So after my 360 crapped out on me I got a slim and found my old xbox

The original black xbox. I hooked it up expecting it would be broken low behold the sucker is still alive and kicking. Really? They don't make them like they used too.

No, they don't. I think it comes with having all of the advancements that they do. The more complicated things get, the more that can go wrong.

I still have my original NES that I sometimes bring out and hook up for the fun of playing a few hours of Super Mario Brothers in it's original state. Sometimes it does the old blinking routine, but I think that's just it's way of screwing with me and saying that it still loves me.

'Course not. They don't care if you play a game over and over again; or if you play the console over and over again (Except for Microsoft.. Xbox Live and all).

They just want you to buy it. They want their money.
    The old Xbox may have been an awful brick, but it could last a nuclear war.

it seems like the new ones the "slim" version is always the one that doesn't go to shit. I owned 3 of the big PS2's that all eventually died out, some quicker then other (my first went a couple years). I've had my slim model for at least 3-4 years now and the thing works as well as it did the first day I got it.

But older consoles do seem to live longer, my PS1 is still ticking, like 10+ years later (never had to replace it yet).

Just swapped a mobile phone for one of those old beastly monsters they called the Xbox. I know for a fact the people I got it from got it second hand and it was treated like crap, but it's still good. Another example of classic reliability. Much better than my first 360 which died nearly straight after I got it (Though my second one has never given me any trouble).

By the way, does anyone know the HDD size on the original Xbox? All it tells me is "blocks"....

the original xbox had a 8gb hard drive. HowStuffWorks "How Xbox Works" <-here's the link that states it .

Quote Originally Posted by codered View Post
    the original xbox had a 8gb hard drive. HowStuffWorks "How Xbox Works" <-here's the link that states it .
    They also came with 10GB ones also.

I still have my PS1 I bought in 1998 and sucker still works. So does my Sega Genesis and my Nintendo 64.

My 360 works good. I finally got it hooked up online and am now on XBox Live.

WildThing121675