Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Congresswoman shot (assassinated?), status uncertain

Default AZ Congresswoman shot (assassinated?), status uncertain

Earlier today, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ8) was shot outside a grocery store in Tuscon. 8-19 other people were also injured, depending on which news report you read.

One such report

In some reports, the shooter has been described as a 20-30 year old white male. Something may have been said during the shooting, but reports conflict. The motive, at this point, remains unclear. Everyone seems to have their own theories, from Tea Partiers to Los Zetas. More information will be forthcoming.

Just think this should be posted. I don't know the last time a us congressman was assassinated. Pretty monumental.

I know that Arizona is essentially a martial law type state in the southern half. Not a good situation at all.

Holy crap. This is terrible. Apparently the Congresswoman is in critical condition, along with a dozen others, and a handful have been killed in the shooting.

Calling the shooter retarded would be a disservice to people who are actually retarded. Since they aren't dumb enough to think such actions, such as shooting a congress woman is a good way to get your point across.

He must of forgot The Point Of View Gun doesn't exist.

Talk about a sad event. According to CNN there is at least one confirmed casualty (a political aid). Hopefully it won't get any worst than that...

It's such a senseless act of violence. Hell, a child was killed. A fucking child. I mean, killing an adult is bad enough, but a CHILD? Get real. This guy -will- be executed. Pleas for insanity aren't going to work here. Good Lord, I wonder what he was thinking...

--The Foxxeh Assassin--

Butterfly Mage

I'm glad he wasn't killed. The attack is despicable. We're a nation of laws, not vigilantism. We remove people from office by voting, not shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoxxehAssassin View Post
    It's such a senseless act of violence. Hell, a child was killed. A fucking child. I mean, killing an adult is bad enough, but a CHILD? Get real. This guy -will- be executed. Pleas for insanity aren't going to work here. Good Lord, I wonder what he was thinking...

--The Foxxeh Assassin--
    To be fair, the level of atrocity of a crime shouldn't really matter when deciding if someone is criminally responsible or not. Someone that isn't criminally responsible isn't criminally responsible, regardless of what he's done. Beside, if he has severe mental disabilities he can't be executed...

Anyway, its way too early to judge anyway. The only thing we know for sure at this point is that its a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    To be fair, the level of atrocity of a crime shouldn't really matter when deciding if someone is criminally responsible or not. Someone that isn't criminally responsible isn't criminally responsible, regardless of what he's done. Beside, if he has severe mental disabilities he can't be executed...

Anyway, its way too early to judge anyway. The only thing we know for sure at this point is that its a tragedy.
    True...ranting gets the better of me sometimes. >.<

--The Foxxeh Assassin--

This is the single best way to get a point across. What do you think happens when a gang doesn't like you in the 3rd world countries? I'm not saying it's the *right* way, but it's got the most effect. The chick was shot in the head, right? And she's still alive? Pretty damn lucky.

Aiming with a gun is not hard. How the hell did like 20 other people get hit?!