Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I've always been a bit shy, but here goes...

I'm Akastus (no idea where that came from, just thought it sounded nice), I'm an accountant, and my main interests are Hiking, SCUBA diving and computers (building and gaming).

I suppose I've been flirting with AB/DL since I was 13 (babysitting younger cousins ought to come with a psychological health warning), and furry culture the last couple of years, but it's only relatively recently that I've really decided to accept this side of myself. Life's too short to remain so ambivalent about a facet of your character.

I've been passingly familiar with for a while, and it seemed the perfect place to find like-minded people. I've always loved a good conversation, but I find it very difficult to start one.
    Last edited by Akastus; 09-Jan-2011 at 13:10.

Hiya Alxdeadxs,

Nice to meet you. You seemed like a pretty outdoorsy person until you mentioned you like computes and video-games ^^. Out of curiosity, what kind of games do you like?

By the way, cute avatar. Is it your fursona? And if so, what specie (a fox kit, perhaps)?

Anyway, I hope to see you around,

Hi Near,

Nice to meet you too. Semi-outdoorsy. I've never really been into team sports, but I've always enjoyed more singular outdoor pursuits - climing, abseiling, caving, canyoneering, etc. My school was pretty big on that sort of thing, and it's something I've tried to keep up. Computers and information technology have been a passion of mine for a long time. Part of it is an desire to build things that goes unfulfilled in an office job. I've always enjoyed assembling and tinkering with systems. Even re-installing an OS from scratch can be an oddly enjoyable way to spend an evening (music and brandy are required as well, however).

As for games - First Person Shooters and Real-Time Strategy mainly, though the occasional RPG. I'm a big fan of Crysis, Mass Effect, Fallout and the Zelda series. I've also had a lot of fun with Command and Conquer, until they absolutely ruined it.

Yes, Akastus is a fox kit. He was originally drawn by an artist called Tavi-Munk, who you'll find on Deviant Art, though I've modified him a bit. I've commissioned a better picture of him that I'll probably post when it's finished.

P.S. I'm also something of an 80's cartoon buff. I've built up a pretty massive collection. Never been much into Anime, with the possible exceptions of Code Geass and Yu-Gi-Oh.
    Last edited by Akastus; 08-Jan-2011 at 19:34. Reason: Spelling correction