Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Happening

Default The Happening

Andy and I went to see The Happening last night and we liked it. It's alot better than the reviews we have heard about IMO. I'm not gonna give away the ending or what it is.
    Is there anyone out there who did see is last night or today and have their opinion on it because Yawgmoth and I had a rather long debate about it. And I still think he's missing the point. Is there anyone out there who could voice their opinion? See what the general concensus is...

EmeraldsAndLime

I'm going to see it with a friend in about an hour's time. We are going because of how terrible and bad everyone is making it out to be. We like watching trashy flicks together and critiquing the hell out of them, because that's how we roll.

Will see how it goes though.

EDIT: Movie was terrible. Don't waste your money on it. That is all.
    Last edited by EmeraldsAndLime; 15-Jun-2008 at 11:45.

Well I haven't seen it yet, but I don't hear good things.

Text message I got from my sister last night:
    "DO NOT WATCH THAT FILM [The happening]. IT WAS PURE CRAP. TERRIBLE ACTING NO PLOT. so u kno x"

It must have been bad for her to use to ALL CAPITALS.

I might see it anyway...

Well every other M. Night movie I ever seen or heard of was bad. The only one I liked was "The Sixth Sense" but I felt the ending was horrible and really served no use.

I heard "Signs" sucked where aliens couldn't even open doors and they were hurt by water. WTH!? They come all that way to get locked in a closet and to get killed by water lol.

"The Village". they were living by a interstate or highway WOW, some ending!

"Lady In The Water" I tried to watch on HBO but the plot was horrible and I just felt sorry for Paul whatever his name is. He does Big Fat Liar then "Sideways" then he got stuck with this BS.

Upon hearing the reviews of these two other members saying this one sucked well I don't think I'll ever see this one. Now I shall look up how bad it was on Wikipedia.
    ----------------
    Now playing: Nirvana - Come As You Are
    via FoxyTunes

Well I thought it was pretty good because of the plot line. You have to admit it's original.

But I saw the previews for another X-files movie. Wh00t wh00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
    Well I thought it was pretty good because of the plot line. You have to admit it's original.
    Yet theres been TONS of original plot lines that did suck as much as this one does for example Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield. Theres no excuse for it to suck just since its a original idea. Also what causes the people to do what they do is pretty dumb to me. Do they ever explain why it never affected humans before?
    ----------------
    Now playing: The Streets - Dry Your Eyes
    via FoxyTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yet theres been TONS of original plot lines that did suck as much as this one does for example Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield. Theres no excuse for it to suck just since its a original idea. Also what causes the people to do what they do is pretty dumb to me. Do they ever explain why it never affected humans before?

Good thing Cloverfield didn't suck >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Good thing Cloverfield didn't suck >.>
    Your implying that it did?
    ----------------
    Now playing: U2 - Walk On
    via FoxyTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Your implying that it did?

Uhm no...I said it didn't suck...Which usually means that it does not...

Cloverfield was pretty awesome. But im a little curious why you thought Cloverfield was original seeing how its just the film style of Blair Witch Project and a Giant Monster movie. Sure there maybe some CRAZY original back story to Cloverfield but it never goes into during the movie.

Also, You have something agaisnt shaky camera movies Fire2Box!