Thread: absorbency

Default absorbency

I haven't seen a thread out there like this no matter how I searched but what about absorbency that really answered my question.

What diaper has best absorbency out there? I used a store brand that sort of...well...one guess to what happened just a few minutes ago...

But yeah. I need a little help here looking for a brand that's more dependable and could...hold more...

There are numerous sites that have diaper tests. DD has one, Gary at XPMedical.com has done some with his, and thediapersuperstore.com (though I personally would avoid this site). From personal experience, I'll go ahead and throw out the obvious answers as generally highly absorbent diapers in no particular order: Bambino, Abena M4's, Molicare Super Plus, Dry 24/7, and to a lesser extent Tranquility ATN's. Though, FWIW, almost anything beats a store brand.

SourMashKids

Everything he listed.

(I personally think part of absorbency has to do with fit) I think the rankings goes (feel free to edit):

Dry 24/7>Abena>Molicare>Bambino>Tena>Tranquility

Quote Originally Posted by SourMashKids View Post
    Everything he listed.

(I personally think part of absorbency has to do with fit) I think the rankings goes (feel free to edit):

what about prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    what about prices?
    as with most things, you get what you pay for. Tho bambino pushes the AB envelope a little harder and has a higher price point than relatively it should. You're looking at a buck fifty per on the average for high absorbency.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    as with most things, you get what you pay for. Tho bambino pushes the AB envelope a little harder and has a higher price point than relatively it should. You're looking at a buck fifty per on the average for high absorbency.
    thanks. ^^

Dry 24/7 has the best absorbancy on the market.

Some good brands have been listed, but also note that with added absorbency comes balk, and depending on your body size and type, that could be a LOT of bulk!!!
    When going from a store brand to something like a Dry24/7 or Abena X-plus, the first thing you will notice is the bulk, were talking 5 times thicker. For me, the 24/7 and X-plus are so bulky that I cant walk normally, cant touch my knees together, and don't own a pair of pants that will realistically fit over them.
    Some people can wear these comfortable with no bulk issues though, everyone is different

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    what about prices?
    Absorbency is:

Price range, all I can say is that Bambino is the most expensive per diaper. Tena's good line is also Euro based, so if you are shipping to say Utah as you listed, then that would be more expensive. As for the rest, I cannot say, but I know Abena's are maybe 40% cheaper then Bambinos or so, if I recall. Maybe not that much, maybe more, but if I remember, a 32 pack can be around 20-30$ depending on what you get. Where as a medium pack of 16 bambinos was about 32-34$ if I recall. Molicares are also cheaper, with a pack of over 56 being around 60$.

Sorry that I lack knowledge on the other brands, but that's what I got so far.

Does anyone know about absorbancy for depends maximum protection and underwear for men?