Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mind

Default The mind

I realy hate the mind,how it makes you think your sick when your not. Right now my eye is watering bad. My sister got pinkeye and becuase i know she got it my eye has been watering the only reason i know that i dont have pinkeye is one its only just watering and two everytime someone in my family is sick with something other than a cold I start getting some of the symtoms without being sick. Kind of sucks though when you are sick it can be hard to tell when it happens.

Alecs

I know exactly what you mean, when I see or hear something I swear I can feel it. My body will react as if it hurts. Today actually someone talked about an accident where the guys bones were no longer inside him, let's just say I suddenly felt every bone in my body. I didn't want to touch anything, I started to panic a little about my bones popping out. >w<

What I do is just try to get it out from my mind and tell myself it's okay. Distractions work effectively too until I forget. Though I guess with her being family it would be hard to just forget.

yes! Thats exactly what i am talking about it drives me nuts. When my cousins got lice my head starting itching everyday for a month (probably ruined some of my scalp and cuased scars lets hope i dont go bald when i am older). The problem with it being watery eyes is that my skin gets dry easy so the watery eyes cause my skin to dry out wich cause pain then more watery eyes.

Its called being empathic. Its a pyshic abillity where you can feel others pain around you. I have the same thing but I have studied it and have learned to block it out. I will even get cravings for doritos from the neighbor. Its not a horrible thing. I can also tell what peoples emotion are because of it. It can also help you tell if someone is lying. The best way to block it is through distractions. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dlonthedl89 View Post
    Its called being empathic. Its a pyshic abillity where you can feel others pain around you. I have the same thing but I have studied it and have learned to block it out. I will even get cravings for doritos from the neighbor. Its not a horrible thing. I can also tell what peoples emotion are because of it. It can also help you tell if someone is lying. The best way to block it is through distractions. I hope this helps.
    It's not a psychic issue. It's psychosomatic. Similar to how people's heads get itchy when someone mentions lice. He sees people being sick, and his brain freaks out and thinks "I must have this too!" and starts to replicate some of the symptoms.

Tell your mind to STFU or you'll stab it. You have to make sure it knows who's the boss in this relationship.

>.>
    <.<

Quote Originally Posted by LunaCat View Post
    Tell your mind to STFU or you'll stab it. You have to make sure it knows who's the boss in this relationship.

>.>
    <.<
    lol yeah that will work. I told you to be quiet *stab*. Well i guess not it doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    lol yeah that will work. I told you to be quiet *stab*. Well i guess not it doesnt work.
    Of course it doesn't work for you; you already convinced yourself that it wouldn't work!

(Yay for integrating OT back into this post. Heh.)

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    yes! Thats exactly what i am talking about it drives me nuts. When my cousins got lice my head starting itching everyday for a month (probably ruined some of my scalp and cuased scars lets hope i dont go bald when i am older). The problem with it being watery eyes is that my skin gets dry easy so the watery eyes cause my skin to dry out wich cause pain then more watery eyes.
    You had to say lice, didn't you? *scratches furiously*

Anyway, yes, I know what you mean and it does suck because when you really are sick no one believes that you really are. :P

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    You had to say lice, didn't you? *scratches furiously*

Anyway, yes, I know what you mean and it does suck because when you really are sick no one believes that you really are. :P
    yes its hard though its usefull for people who want to miss school lol. thats not me though.