Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: First incandescent bulbs... now, any concern for plastic backing diapers being banned?

Default First incandescent bulbs... now, any concern for plastic backing diapers being banned?

I realized the other day reading about the plan to phase out incandescent light bulbs, it was also the day I ran out of diapers and had to submit to buying CVS brand briefs since I usually have to drive to a special home medical pharmacy or order my Attends waistband diapers online...

And I was miserably disappointed when I got home to find the CVS brand diapers are CLOTH covered, not plastic. I really don't enjoy the cloth covered diapers. I know most of the TENA diapers sold in the USA are cloth covered, and now market brands are going to cloth... I'm worried if this is another lousy trend soon to take all the enjoyment and authenticity out of diaper comfort for me.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by D1ap3rsftw; 05-Jan-2011 at 16:32. Reason: Spelling Errors.

Yeap Diapers are all cloth now even baby diapers.... I personally don't mind it and enjoy cloth diapers since it's still a diaper. So long as it does it's job. But for full regression I prefer diapers with prints and plastic. XD

Well considering that plastic is made out of petroleum it might be more enviormentaly conscious for companies to go cloth. There should be a replacement like a reusable plastic pant type of thing that just replicates the plastic backed diapers. But I guess we all have to make small sacrifices in order for the greater good.

Are Dry 24/7 diapers plastic backed?

The last time I tried them, Molicare, Abena, Attends Waistband, and Tranquility ATN were all still plastic backed, hopefully they all stay that way!

Quote Originally Posted by iPampers View Post
    Well considering that plastic is made out of petroleum it might be more enviormentaly conscious for companies to go cloth. There should be a replacement like a reusable plastic pant type of thing that just replicates the plastic backed diapers. But I guess we all have to make small sacrifices in order for the greater good.
    The "cloth-like cover" is also made from plastic. It's not cotton or anything like that, it's just a special weave.

Depends Maximum are still plastic covered.

There is nothing environmentally friendly about any disposable diaper, no matter what the backing.

Then I can't see why plastic backs are fading out

I personally am all for helping the planet...I would like it to be here for my children someday. I am willing to make some sacrifices...
    You could always stock up.

That'd be good for the planet, if only the cloth-backing was made of plastic itself.
    That's what used to make such noise on the old Goodnites, giving them all that crinkle. They've got rid of the noise, but not of the plastic contained in the diaper ...

I suppose if someone wanted more crinkle, a pair of plastic pants could always be worn over the diaper. The only trouble with that is that it would probably get unbearably hot after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    The "cloth-like cover" is also made from plastic. It's not cotton or anything like that, it's just a special weave.

Depends Maximum are still plastic covered.

There is nothing environmentally friendly about any disposable diaper, no matter what the backing.
    Beat me to it. There are no plant fibers "cloth like" diapers. However on a more environmental note they are starting to make "plastic like" materials from plant fibers.