Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Phobias, Got any?

Cool Phobias, Got any?

I know that there are people running, walking, and crawling around this planet with them. I'm just interested in how has one/two.....

Mine, if you have read my Bio. is FIRE. That's it, just the one little thing.

When I was 15 yrs. old, I got burnt. Not just a sun burn or a hot water scalding. I'm talking about go straight to the hospital, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. (sorry about the one liner )

Now 32 % of my total body is skin grafted.

As you might guess by now I have this little ( O.K Big ) problem w/ fire.

I fear losing the ability to hear. I love music, and I don't think I'd do well without being able to hear.

Heights (Except when it's like.. the Grand Canyon or something).
    Pain (This is an actual phobia - I try my absolute to avoid anything that I even suspect that might lead to pain).
    The Unknown. When things go bump in the night disturb me, and make my heart race.

Vomit. i haven't vomited since i was about 4. i'm now 17, turning 18. When my cousin vomited in a car i was in one day, i hopped out of the car and waked home. i have no idea why.

Spiders. Insects in general give me the jitters, but spiders drive me to irrational hysteria. They're just too alien for me to tolerate. I wish they'd go back to their home planet.

Losing my mobility or breaking bones. I love medical stuff, but seeing broken or breaking bones me shivers. If I ever lose my mobility to walk or anything I have no idea what I would do.

Spiders! I cannot sleep knowing there is a spider on my wall

As for heights, my brother went to the Grand Canyon for vacation, could not even look over the edge.....

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Spiders! I cannot sleep knowing there is a spider on my wall
    Hah! I've spent more nights sleeping on the couch than I'd like to admit to because of this.

lets see i got....
    deep water that i cant see the bottom of
    the dark (almost completely over this one now)
    loosing my sight
    this is a weird one but true, I'm horrified of having a hallucination and going into public and doing something really weird or nasty
    and the fear of simply not knowing (like the deep water thing, the dark)