Thread: Artists

Default Artists

How many of you are artistically gifted or know someone who is artistically gifted?

I thought about because I was attempting to draw something in school today, but epically failed at it. But then some of my friends tried drawing the same thing and they did really great at it. But yeah so I just curious how many people are really good at drawing, or know someone who is.

Drawing isn't a talent, it's a skill. I wasn't born knowing how to draw boobs, I looked at boobies and I drew them.

On topic: I'm quick to catch on with creative things, and so is my best friend. So I guess one could say that we're 'artistically inclined'. (But I'm only really good at drawing curvy girls, so don't come and ask me to draw dudes or skinny girls. That ain't no fun, yo!)

I'm not a great artist in the same way I'm not a writer, I can make some beautiful art one day and be out of inspiration for months afterwards, or I can make some good art for a few weeks then when I attempt to replicate it another time I't fail completely.

I agree with Shukkume. It's a skill more than anything. Anyone can learn, it just takes a lot of time and patience to learn.

I draw tons, I just don't post it online, but I'm currently in an art school.

All I can say is, don't let it get you down if you don't get something the first time. I keep my old drawings and I go back and look at them and see how much I've improved.

Learning art is just like learning to play a musical instrument. If you practice, you'll get better.

My friends always said that the ability to draw great was one that had to be learned. So I guess I should have probably worded that differently.

So... How many of you have mastered or are good at the artistic skill, or know someone else who has.

I'm an artist - I write music :-) It's also my field of study - I'll become a professional composer in a few years. It's mostly about modernist music, not as much pop/band music. I guess it's called "art music", though it's not more or less "art" than any other genre. But that's a different debate.

I'm an artist... When I try. When I don't it looks decent but not decent enough to call it art

my husband is an artist he does a lot of abstract actually to be honest i am surrounded by artist i am a thespian and i have the artist mind but i have found a medium to put it on that works for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by tech50 View Post
    My friends always said that the ability to draw great was one that had to be learned. So I guess I should have probably worded that differently.

So... How many of you have mastered or are good at the artistic skill, or know someone else who has.
    I wouldn't say that I've mastered it. It's like a constantly evolving thing. Every time I turn around I learn a new way of doing things or I'm experimenting along the lines of "I wonder what would happen if..."

I do mostly digital work nowadays, but I do love to sit down with a sketchpad and go at it when the feeling takes me. I've got a two drawer filing cabinet with drawings and sketches and three art portfolios full of larger pieces.