Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Went to Wal-Mart Today

AndrewThatsMyName

Default I Went to Wal-Mart Today

So this one isn't anything illegal, I just kinda thought it was weird.

So I went to Wal-Mart today in hopes of getting the Assurance diapers. (I know they suck). So I get the diapers and go to the self check-out area and wouldn't you know it, they don't accept Visa Pre-paid credit cards. So after a few minutes of trying to get help from an elder employee, I just said, "Screw it.", I canceled the item, handed over the diapers and said, "Yeah, I didn't pay for these."

I left and drove off pissed. I ended up getting Depends at a CVS on the way home. Wal-Mart sucks.

Interesting, I buy stuff with my Visa card from Walmart all the time. I have never used the pre-paid cards before, but dont understand why they would be any different from any other Visa

Maybe they don't accept debit cards? The pre-paid visa cards act as debit cards, which is why I now get the american express pre-paid cards (which don't act as debit cards).

Koru

Wal-mart has a weird thing with their self-checks. I also use a Prepaid Visa (GreenDot) and have never had luck with those stupid machines. If you go to the regular check-out lines, the card swipes they use there will work fine. It's still Wal-marts fault for buying crappy machines though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnites11 View Post
    get the american express pre-paid cards (which don't act as debit cards).
    too bad... i agree with goodnites11 these do work as i have tried while staying over.

The self-check out thing scares me a little. I am always worried I will mess up. It is good for buying certain things though...like diapers.

Wal-Mart is a terrible super-store.

Use a drug store, CVS; Walgreens; Rite-Aid, or another super store such as Target.

Ugh, that's frustrating! I've used Stop n Shop in my area to buy. They have self-checkouts

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Ugh, that's frustrating! I've used Stop n Shop in my area to buy. They have self-checkouts
    Sounds nifty, wish places around here had those.