Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal pasts

Default Personal pasts

Am I the only one to notice that a large percentage of us here have rotten childhoods? Not all of us had physical abuse, but quite a lot have had pretty severe emotional abuse. It sucks, but it seems to be true. Any suggestions/observations? I know it helps me, just knowing I'm not alone, and that there are sites like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Am I the only one to notice that a large percentage of us here have rotten childhoods? Not all of us had physical abuse, but quite a lot have had pretty severe emotional abuse. It sucks, but it seems to be true. Any suggestions/observations? I know it helps me, just knowing I'm not alone, and that there are sites like this.
    Observation: What you seem to suggest (the supposed link between bad childhoods and AB/DL behaviors) is not the case, and has been discussed ad-vomitum here.

Suggestion: People are more complex than is apparent. Bad childhoods don't have to lead to "trauma" that manifests itself in dysfunction as an adult. Despite what Phil McGraw would have you believe. Likewise, good childhoods don't protect against adult dysfunction or misanthropy.

Misanthropy huh? I'm going to have to work that one into my novel. Take that 8th graders. Yes, sadly we are a hard group to figure out. Some of us have had bad childhoods, and some good. Some of us feel that we act like babies to create the good childhood we never had. Other feel like they are trying to re-create their good baby childhood. I had a mixed childhood, some good and some bad. There are some things that remain as mysteries.

I had a Good childhood and I'm not trying to recreate it really...idk why I like it...

Contrary to what has been posted (here or in other threads), many of us here do use diapers and ab items to deal with life. For some, it is to deal with the past, while for others it is to deal with the present. Of course, for many it is purely only a sexual fetish or anywhere in between sexual and coping. It is hard for some to realize that not everyone is like them, or is a ab/dl for the same reasons, and that there is no mold to go by. No two stories are ever the same, so people are ab/dl for different reasons.
    That being said, I do notice many members who have had varies different struggles threwout there life, many were abused as children, many with disabilities, many incontinent, etc. It is so great that we have this place were we can talk about this stuff in the open without being judged.
    I had many different problems during my childhood (and still do as a adult), and it is great to be with so many people who can relate.

Not gonna say that my crappy childhood landed me in diapers, or here. But being damaged in general did. If I was accepted and loved by everyone in my family my life would be so much better, and my situation would most certainly be better as well. That being said I'd still have my AB/DL thing stuck with me but with the love and support of my family, I wouldn't feel the need to seek out a community such as this one that accepts me.

I didn't mean to imply that it was a causality situation. I just meant to point out that it is a good thing that it seems like we have a forum where we can discuss our lives without the automatic reaction of "get over it" or "grow up". Sorry if I offended...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that it was a causality situation. I just meant to point out that it is a good thing that it seems like we have a forum where we can discuss our lives without the automatic reaction of "get over it" or "grow up". Sorry if I offended...
    Aha. Indeed. This is a good thing.

I had a ton of physical abuse that lead to me emotionally abusing myself.

It's all swept under the rug but I've become antisocial and jaded because of it.
    I feel the entire world on my back some days.
    I don't let it depress me but at times it pisses me off.

It has nothing to do with my obsession for diapers.
    I've always liked diapers.

As H3g3l says, I had a perfectly decent childhood, Supportive and affectionate parents. Brother I sometimes got on with - an older brother. I was sent to boarding school at the age of 7, but I'm ninety nine per cent certain that the AB yeast was already working in me by then. If only I'd kept a detailed diary ...

I wonder how many of us are second or younger children, and how many of us are firstborns?