Thread: Babysitting issue

Default Babysitting issue

Before I tell this tale, I have to say 3 things.
    1. I am not a pedophile, seeing young kids in diapers does not arouse me sexually, and I would never do anything to harm these kids I'm about to tell you about
    2. Yes, this thread has some discussion about diapers, but it is unrelated to me.
    3. I wasn't sure where exactly to put this, so if this is the wrong place, sorry. I need some advice, and I figured people on this site are decent people to ask.

Anyway, I babysit for my piano teacher. She has 2 sons, who are 6 and 3. The 3 year old is still in diapers, the 6 year old isn't, but he wears goodnites to bed. Anyway, I babysit usually on tuesdays. Every day this month, the 3 year old wanted to play with toy trains, which are in the 6 year old's room (I always get them before the 6 year old comes home from school). So I went up there the first time, and noticed an unused diaper sitting on his bed, in plain sight, with a change of his clothes. I wasn't sure, so I let it go. But the other times I've gotten the trains from his room, there is always a diaper and a change of clothes. These are luvs size 5, they are quite large. I'm sure they would fit him. Also, the 3 year old sleeps in another room, so they probably were the 6 year old's clothes.

Basically, I'm not sure what to do. Should I ask my piano teacher what is going on, should I ask the kid, or should I just let it go?

Do absolutely nothing. It does not concern you. And any effort to know more or to make it your business would just be creepy beyond words.

You're most likely hanging over this due to the fact that you're an Infantilist.
    Most others, who are not, wouldn't notice such a thing.

The mother might, but then it would be a family issue, not a public concern.

I wouldn't confront the kid. I think it's ultimately up to you here, but the best idea may be just to let it go. His mom would have brought it up to you if it was something of concern for you and your job as a babysitter. I assume that, if this child does have a daytime control issue, that this is a very sensitive topic.

If you do decide to ask his mother, I would only do that if this has in some way impacted you as a babysitter, only if it's critical. It would be extremely intrusive if you just approach her and say something like "so I was going through your 6 year old's room today and I found this..." I could see how that might get you driven out of that house, lol.

So yes, I would advise you to do nothing unless something comes up where it becomes actually important to most people, and not just because you're fascinated by its relationship to your lifestyle.

This is an odd situation indeed though, and since he wears goodnites to bed, it's possible he has overall control issues. I knew someone in elementary school who had issues of that nature. Man was he ostracized for it. It was seldom to his face, but the words said behind his back were many and continuing. If this is a problem for him, I am sorry to hear about it, and I think the best thing for you to do is to just pretend you never saw it or noticed. He's gotta be incredibly self-conscious, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I wouldn't confront the kid. I think it's ultimately up to you here, but the best idea may be just to let it go. His mom would have brought it up to you if it was something of concern for you and your job as a babysitter. I assume that, if this child does have a daytime control issue, that this is a very sensitive topic.

If you do decide to ask his mother, I would only do that if this has in some way impacted you as a babysitter, only if it's critical. It would be extremely intrusive if you just approach her and say something like "so I was going through your 6 year old's room today and I found this..." I could see how that might get you driven out of that house, lol.

So yes, I would advise you to do nothing unless something comes up where it becomes actually important to most people, and not just because you're fascinated by its relationship to your lifestyle.

This is an odd situation indeed though, and since he wears goodnites to bed, it's possible he has overall control issues. I knew someone in elementary school who had issues of that nature. Man was he ostracized for it. It was seldom to his face, but the words said behind his back were many and continuing. If this is a problem for him, I am sorry to hear about it, and I think the best thing for you to do is to just pretend you never saw it or noticed. He's gotta be incredibly self-conscious, after all.
    Even then, this is something that should be brought up by the mother, and only by the mother. If neither the mother nor the child sees any reason to bring it up, chances are it should not be brought up.