Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents' Reaction...

Flashpoint

Default Parents' Reaction...

I never told my mother I liked to wear diapers. I mean, come on, lets face it; its kind of tacky. I don't want my mother knowing what I do behind closed doors, or my father. Its like getting a letter that says

"Dear daughter, I love it in the ass
    Love,
    Mom"

But mom has a tendency to help herself to my territory and she found out. She told me that she lost all respect for me as a person. She also suggested that she's not letting me test for my license until I see a therapist and resolve this issue (This was 2 years ago). "Resolve" as in "get rid of". She told me that I have a "frightening sickness" that "will lead to pedophelia as "desires" mature" I explained to her what being an AB/DL is all about, that it has nothing to do with children, and she practically rolled her eyes and told me that it was completely "made up" that "nobody does it" and if they do, they're "sick".

So the topic wasn't dropped for weeks. Mom told my brother, aunt, father, and her co-workers that I was an "infantilist-- a diaper wearer" and although these people avoid the subject with me entirely, I refuse to show my face around them. Mom likes to "recap" on my "sickness" and remind me constantly of how "sick" I am. It makes me want to blow up and tear all my hair out.

Is anyone's reaction as bad as mine was?

No...i havent told anyone...for that exact reason

have you shown her some good literature on it? or does she even pay attention?

How far have you gone to try to convince her

You're mother sounds ignorant..well just dumb honestly, if you aren't exaggerating. If talking it over with her doesn't do it then at least try talking to your other relatives about it.

I am sorry your mother reacted that way. I dont think I could ever tell my parents. In a lot of ways I am ashamed of liking diapers. And know that they lead me to doing things that are wrong, in my opinion. (masturbating)
    I think maybe therapy would be a good idea, not to "fix" you, but for you and your mother to understand each other better. She still loves you, she is just confused. Maybe seeing a therapist together would give you a chance to exsplain things to her.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    I never told my mother I liked to wear diapers. I mean, come on, lets face it; its kind of tacky. I don't want my mother knowing what I do behind closed doors, or my father. Its like getting a letter that says

Love,
    Mom"

But mom has a tendency to help herself to my territory and she found out. She told me that she lost all respect for me as a person. She also suggested that she's not letting me test for my license until I see a therapist and resolve this issue (This was 2 years ago). "Resolve" as in "get rid of". She told me that I have a "frightening sickness" that "will lead to pedophelia as "desires" mature" I explained to her what being an AB/DL is all about, that it has nothing to do with children, and she practically rolled her eyes and told me that it was completely "made up" that "nobody does it" and if they do, they're "sick".

So the topic wasn't dropped for weeks. Mom told my brother, aunt, father, and her co-workers that I was an "infantilist-- a diaper wearer" and although these people avoid the subject with me entirely, I refuse to show my face around them. Mom likes to "recap" on my "sickness" and remind me constantly of how "sick" I am. It makes me want to blow up and tear all my hair out.

Is anyone's reaction as bad as mine was?
    I can't articulate how deeply sorry I am that your mother is being this way with you. My advice; Cut ties with her, and anyone who would encourage you to mend the gap with her, as soon as you can. She is a toxic, unhappy person, who will turn you into one as well.

Though such a choice is yours to make.

On a side note; I told my brother, and he was very supportive, and even encouraged me to tell my (then) fiance. It was the best decision of my life.

There is one semi bright side to this story. From the 2 years ago license part of your story I gathered you were 18ish so soon you may have the opportunity to actual privacy. So sorry for that parental treatment

It's tough for someone outside of the fetish paradigm to understand... fetish. I hope you don't take it as a measure of how much or little she actually cares about you. My guess is that everyone she told was more confused than ashamed of you, and two years later they probably don't think about it. I've learned "worse" things about people, and I largely forget about those things. I must admit that in my case, I decided to just tell my parents. They were initially worried, but it was a topic that quickly passed; it certainly hasn't affected how they treat me or what they say about me. Hopefully, as time keeps on keepin' on, she'll realize that it's not a sickness; I think it's safe to say that like all of us it's something tied to our very essence.

~Cheers

Never really told anyone as worried about what wold happen from the horror stories (was too paranoid to have anything ab/dl related for the same reason). Sucks you your forced into having to tell. Out of curiosity, in general is your mom the type to be sort of close minded, or is this sort of a complete turnaround?

Butterfly Mage

I will never understand why some parents choose to hurt their kids any way they can. My dad was like that too -- always waiting for an opportunity to publicly shame me, and then using those opportunities to their greatest extent.

It's probably not much of a consolation, but the people your mom told probably lost a LOT of respect for your mom. After all, what kind of decent parent stabs their kids in the back like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post

Love,
    Mom"
    All I thought of when I read this was that if some person's mom was a swinger or worked in adult films, this maybe common.
    I got the same reaction from my father. My step-mom found out from phone calls that I called someone unknown and I broke down and told her. She said that she would discuss with my father and he would be understanding. Far from it. It went the whole gambit, from "loving to shit and piss your pants" to "sick pedofile shit"... then a week later they were joking about it in the car with me and asking me how my girlfriend at the time took it. Not the best timing for that.