Thread: Kalis, just me

Default Kalis, just me

Hi, I am going by the name of Kalis. I am new here, but not new to the AB/DL life. I wish I could say I know a lot of good ideas or a lot of good personal experiences, but I'm just me.

Welcome to the site Kalis. Typically we ask of new members, what are some things you like to do with your spare time? Are you a gamer, or an outdoor person, sports, music? Enjoy the site and join in on the many varied discussions.

Welcome, don't worry about experience or ideas, the only thing really required here is don't be the rules, don't lie (part of the rules but still :P), and yea. Anyways make sure to check them out: The Rules.

Hope you enjoy your time here, and like dogboy said, what are your interests/hobbies/etc?

To be honest, I work 70-90hours a week. Not much time for hobbies. I enjoy reading, and I am, by nature more of a lurk around and read posts kind of person. The only people I have problems with are ones who are intolerant, or ones who try to force their opinions/beliefs on others. Most of my IRL friends are considered weird, etc. Ask me anything, it'll take a while for me to respond, but I'll get there eventually.

Well welcome, to the forum. And wow your work alot. And dotn worry all my irl friends are weird. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    To be honest, I work 70-90hours a week. Not much time for hobbies. I enjoy reading, and I am, by nature more of a lurk around and read posts kind of person. The only people I have problems with are ones who are intolerant, or ones who try to force their opinions/beliefs on others. Most of my IRL friends are considered weird, etc. Ask me anything, it'll take a while for me to respond, but I'll get there eventually.

70-90 hours a week? There's 168 hours in a week, that's a fuck of a lot! What do you do that takes up so much of your time?

I'm a professional driver, but driving takes up 65-70hours, the paperwork and dock work takes the rest. That doesn't include transcribing my husband's manuscripts either. I get in about 3hrs a week on that.

I am obsessive. For that reason and many others I tended to throw myself into work, taking every hour dispatch offered, staying available all the time, and had no life. Plus after dancing close to burnout I plunged straight in... and it was not pretty. Loss of jobs, credit woes, neglected friends and hobbies, all manner of things that said I HAD BEEN MAKING POOR CHOICES..

You and I both know driving is taxing and stressful as a living; it is not is matter of sitting around all day.

The only people I have problems with are ones who are intolerant,
    yeah...

I wish I could say I know a lot of good ideas or a lot of good personal experiences,
    Who says you don't? I hope you will post more... My gut says you will post from the heart, on real life issues and their solutions. Your experiences may seem unextraordinary to you but loads of our members will be running up against the same ones... or may, through your insights be able to avoid such pitgalls. (heh. gonna keep that typo.)

For one thing by implication you are padded a lot: there's tons right there you can tell us about. (Padding and overalls ring any bells?)

You can talk more about how you manage life being at work so much... especially considering how hard it must be to be away from a spouse so much.

And simply as a padded gal - we have too few - you have worlds to tell us: and enquiring minds want to know!

Most of my IRL friends are considered weird, etc.
    Yeah well, me too. My whole life. I am not only used to that but would have it no other way. Guess what - if you end up at the Jet Propulsion Lab at 19, or make babyfur costumes or just hang at alternative places like here - you probably spent your early life being considered strange... I don't mean to say a person isn't an asset if they aren't a giant brain, or any such thing; but often a person has no idea how much they can be loved, liked, and basically welcomed until they find other "strange " ones .

And it was not til 18 that I discovered a crowd of others like me: and was welcomed into it. Life changing. Welcome aboard.

Last edited by Raccoon; 13-Jan-2011 at 01:02.

Thanks Raccoon. Most of my time as a "little" is relegated to my downtime, hotels and stuff. I've found trying to dispose of things too difficult to coordinate in a sanitary manner. As for being on the road, I team with my husband, however, he is not exactly comfortable with that aspect of me. He knows, but cannot/will not participate. I deal, so it's not too bad. Talk to me any time, just don't be too surprised if I fall off the world from time to time.