Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Value Village

Default Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Value Village

First of all thank those of you who have mentioned scouting for diapers at places like Goodwill. I took a wild hare and decided to scout the local shops today and ran across quite a find. A local Goodwill had a case of First Quality diapers in my size for $16. I was quite pleased with my find and may have to scout the local shops more often in hopes of finding such bargains.

** I thought of titling this thread Dead Mans Diapers
    but it sounded a little too Johnny Depp for me. I would rather think that some old guy just got too fat for mediums than of me celebrating some poor family loosing someone.

It seems like their is always a random package of depends at the Goodwill I usually go to. Good Find! I love thrift stores in general.

This is a great secret.... especially if you're low on cash and will wear just about any diaper. I remember finding out bag of ATNs in my Size a value village once for only $4. Good luck hunting!

I've never thought to look there myself, not a bad idea.

I go to a savers 3 time a week in my lunch break some time thay have them last thing I got was 24 attends wastband for 2.99

I would just feel to bad buying diapers at those places, when I can afford to pay for them online (and discreetly), so I will save the diapers at Goodwill and Salvation Army for the people who cant afford them, and actually need them much more then I do. I am always looking for the lowest price, the best deals, but it just doesn't feel right to me to be taking advantage of donated diapers when I don't need to. Its a good service to the people who need them, but cant afford them.

I've found prevails and attends in my sizes at goodwill. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I would just feel to bad buying diapers at those places, when I can afford to pay for them online (and discreetly), so I will save the diapers at Goodwill and Salvation Army for the people who cant afford them, and actually need them much more then I do.
    Well, at the moment I am flat broke and hoping to have enough gas to get me to work each week, so when I saw a chance spend $16 to make sure I had something to wear to bed for over three months I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I would just feel to bad buying diapers at those places, when I can afford to pay for them online (and discreetly), so I will save the diapers at Goodwill and Salvation Army for the people who cant afford them, and actually need them much more then I do.
    Keep in mind, those stores tend to get their stuff donated, and use that money to pay their workers that need the money, and the rest goes to the part of the community you support. You're not robbing from the poor by buying at goodwill etc, you're helping them. That $2.99 you pay for a pack of diapers could easily buy $20 worth of grocery store food for the food bank, at the rates the grocery stores sell it to them. They can make cash go an incredibly long way.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Keep in mind, those stores tend to get their stuff donated, and use that money to pay their workers that need the money, and the rest goes to the part of the community you support. You're not robbing from the poor by buying at goodwill etc, you're helping them. That $2.99 you pay for a pack of diapers could easily buy $20 worth of grocery store food for the food bank, at the rates the grocery stores sell it to them. They can make cash go an incredibly long way.
    Good point, wasn't looking at it that way