Thread: Basic Introduction

Default Basic Introduction

Hello all,

I'm MetalManiac. I've only really started to accept who I am, and I hope to become a better person for it.

What can I say about me? I am a big fan of metal music, mostly from the 70s and 80s, but I do listen to some modern stuff. I'm also a big football fan. Favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! I play many video games, primarily on the computer. And I also play tabletop games, which involve buying plastic and pewter miniatures, assembling them, and then throwing them down on the table for a game.

Glad to be here, and I hope to be around for a long time.

Hey there, welcome to the site. Good to hear you plan to be around a long time, make sure to take a gander at the rules (if you haven't already) to make sure you aren't deterred from that: The Rules.

What bands are your favorites, also any genre of games you tend to favor more then others?

Big fan of KISS (seen them live twice) and Iron Maiden (seen them live once). Pretty much the metal that came out of Europe is what I prefer (I mean, KISS is my all-time favorite, and Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth did some justice for the American side of metal).

As for genre of games, primarily into RTS and FPS. A few sports games work their way into the mix sometimes. And we can't forget about World of Warcraft (just when I think I'm out, it pulls me right back in).

Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    I play many video games, primarily on the computer. And I also play tabletop games, which involve buying plastic and pewter miniatures, assembling them, and then throwing them down on the table for a game.
    Hello, nice to meet another games and pewter fan. I'm assuming you're a D&D player as well as computer gamer. Good luck with your self-examination. It feels good to make peace with yourself.

I do play D&D from time to time. And other varients of RP games. Looking into one right now that's based in the 41st millenium.

And thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Big fan of KISS (seen them live twice) and Iron Maiden (seen them live once). Pretty much the metal that came out of Europe is what I prefer (I mean, KISS is my all-time favorite, and Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth did some justice for the American side of metal).

I'm a fan of the big four myself. :p Welcome to adisc.