View Poll Results: What do you think about the current quality of ADISC?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's perfect!

8 10.96%
  • It's okay.

39 53.42%
  • It's starting to bug me...

15 20.55%
  • We could use a lot of reform

10 13.70%
  • Too... many... creepers...

1 1.37%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quality of ADISC?

Lightbulb The Quality of ADISC?

Ugh... this is a bit of a rant. Just some observations and thoughts I have as of now about ADISC. If you don't agree, just have some logical reasoning before spewing hurtful/rude responses below, okay?

I swear, ADISC is becoming a new D****r (just less pedo-ish) these days; or maybe just another random diaper site talking about the weirdest things. It's not an exact copy, and there are differences; but hell, there's something going on here.

First up; there's a lot of new members coming around that are either total ass-hats or liars. Seriously... opening threads about how people are getting babied by people in really screwed up ways, talking about how they were publicly embarrassed involving diapers and regression? I mean, okay; I'll admit it. Sometimes, things are possible. But 95% of the time, what people are saying hasn't actually happened to them. I know, I'll probably get neg-repped and heckled to death by the lot of you for saying that, but hey, it's the honest truth.

Next up, the creepiness of some of these people... yeah, that level of "wtf did you just say in that post?!" has gone up significantly as of late. I'm honestly tired of seeing people say "omg guyz i g0tz a mesy dipr omg mom is coming in guna gut bb k bai!" Okay, maybe nobody is saying that exactly, but you still get the point.

Otherwise, there's still a bunch of people out there who type like they just ingested crack and a truck load of pixie sticks and started typing whilst doing the dishes and dancing to Chocolate rain, but that's just more of a personal thing.

Continuing on, there's also a bequeath in the number of 55 year old dudes asking if anyone in their area wants to meet up. (That isn't to say I have anything against older Infantilists; I'm just using that as a joke example.) This is kind of... scary. It's as though everyone all of a sudden thinks it's okay to come here and talk about how they want to meet up all of a sudden; after joining the sites all of 5 minutes prior to the thread.

Now, obviously this isn't the whole of the site. The site's majority of threads seem to be perfectly chill and relaxed; sometimes a mature, and other times they're just simple questions. But that small little bit of the people that are either on, or come to the site are the people that outsiders or people new to the community will look at the most, rather than those of us who have been around for longer and know the ropes.

So, in the poll above and the comments below, what do you guys think about the state of/quality of ADISC?

I'm pretty new myself but I have to agree. Seems everyday I see at least one of the complaints you had, multiple times...

Do you promise to speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you flying spaghetti monster?

Well, you just did. Mikey, your descriptive powers are so damn amazing, and your words of wisdom are beyond understanding.

Well if anyone here doesn't know me at first I have taken a somewhat lengthy vacation from here for several reasons and several people, but I haven't returned to say I am returning full-time anytime soon. These problems can arise at any time and at any site, but the main factors are usually unrelated drama and a lot of people who neither have common sense to carry themselves out or at least the sense of a real life that they must treat this site oh so seriously. I'll admit that at one time I was on this site so much and took every post as a competitive rush. But the main issues that came up as well as some people that I wish not to explain that just made it unenjoyable. But I can understand all the issues that you can see and respect your decisions and risk for putting them up. But at the end of the day this is the internet and we cannot have a utopian society if there are people who take everything so seriously and people who can be more understanding and patient for those who are less mentally capable of carrying themselves in an adult manner.

Same old, same old.

I had about a page long written about this, but I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse and lost the whole thing, so let me paraphrase.

When I joined, you would have been considered one of the creeps for your various diaper avatars and sigs with vaguely sexual undertones (even though you don't see them that way). Things are probably going to keep going downhill. You've just been here long enough to notice the change this time.

i'm actually really pissed it got deleted. They were well thought out. I'll type it in a word doc next time. I'll probably rewrite my whole post in an hour or two.

*shrug*

This depends on where you stand and your tenure with the site. For instance, your own join-date of within the past year might make some people group you into the "new weird folks" category.

Your observation comes in two parts: (a) we run in various circles, which includes people joining around the same time as us or with similar outlooks, etc.; (b) the quality of users has either (1) gone downhill with time, or (2) become more obvious with time.

I make no claim of truth to (b) but can see that (a) is patently true.

But, yes, the quality of many of the posts has diminished OR I am becoming increasingly aware to the cesspool of doom we've been in lately. Or, of course, my level of tolerance to it may have decreased. Either way, it's a mixed bag here, just as anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    But the main issues that came up as well as some people that I wish not to explain that just made it unenjoyable.
    Post random stuff and make a game of how many rep you can lose per joke you make

But at the end of the day this is the internet and we cannot have a utopian society if there are people who take everything so seriously and people who can be more understanding and patient for those who are less mentally capable of carrying themselves in an adult manner.
    I think these threads come up because people are nostalgic of how the site was when they joined. I mean, it hasn't even been a year, and OP is saying that it's changed a whole lot for the worse in that time? I've been here for almost four years now and if it changes then I just deal with it. I've made some good friends and if I don't make any more so be it.

If you want to change the forums for the better then report posts you don't like, and post good things yourself. I normally make jokes about that sort of thing but the mods on this forum are very good and timely about reviewing that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    If you want to change the forums for the better then report posts you don't like, and post good things yourself. I normally make jokes about that sort of thing but the mods on this forum are very good and timely about reviewing that sort of thing.

Oh of course! I constantly try to improve the site quality as well as my own post quality! I just feel as though a person can only do so much and set so much of an example; it does require others to help in that matter. Not whining or complaining; just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Yargh. I never, NEVER go there. I've actually got this blocked from view as the quality is so horribly bad in there that it makes me want to butt-punch kittens.

Whether you realize it or not there are others that try to do just that, but you'd have to read a bit beyond the creepy posts, to the ones who are trying to correct these types of people. You aren't on a one man mission.